PLASMA Vs LCD debate

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I know this subject has been talked about a million times but I'm about to purchase a new TV and my head is spinning with all the choice you have! So many people recomend plasma tv's (Panasonic usually) so why is it a lot more LCD's are being produced? From what I've read it seems LCD's are winning the battle of popularity but they also seem to struggle with motion compared to plasma's. I always here of the pro's of buying a plasma but the only positive thing I can remember reading about LCD's is the image detail. If this is the case then why are LCD's winning the battle? I would like a tv between 42 and 46 inch that is a good all rounder (watch only STD def at the mo but soon to upgrade to sky HD). Seen some very good deals on line ( the Toshiba REGZA ZV 46inch LCD and Panasonic PZ range plasma's) both are supposed to be good all rounders but I've heard about screen burn with plasma's and to be honest most LCD's I have seen in shops usually look poor next to plasma's. If an LCD will last a lot longer then i think I'd prefere to go with one of them, there must be something I'm missing with LCD because there's so many brilliant LCD reviews right here in this very magazine. Tanks in advance.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Don't worry too much about whether a TV is plasma or LCD, just go and have a proper demo of your potential purchases, make sure to check out the performance of the aspects which are important to you (e.g. Blu-Ray or DVD, the inbuilt tuner etc.) and go with the one which looks best in your eyes. Whether the technology which produces the best picture is plasma or LCD should be irrelevant.

A

Anonymous

Cheers for the advice Professorhat. Just out of curiosity, do you have a preference between the two?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
The gap between plasma and LCD performance has narrowed massively in the last year or two, and at screens up to 46in it's neck and neck, but for 50in+ plasma still has the edge, especially the Pioneer models (while they continue).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts