Pioneer VSX-LX53 or Yamaha RX-V2067?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,I am about to invest some money in a home cinema system. Unfortunately my criteria are somewhat contradictory. I want good sound but stylish, small speakers. I have looked around on the internet for a while and read your reviews. Am pretty set on Bose Acoustimass 15 (as the speakers are small and I can hide the sub away) - Am aware these are not the best quality but I don't think they can be beaten in terms of looks and size (although I would be open to suggestions).I am then looking to pair these with an AV/Receiver and was considering the following:pioneer VSX-LX53Yamaha RX-V2067Onkyo TX-NR808Have looked on the internet and they all seem to be around the same price £750 give or take £20. Obviously the Pioneer has won awards in a higher class but my question is would it pair well with the Bose Acoustimass 15 (if I opt for these)? Or would the Yamaha or Onkyo be better? Is there anything else I should consider?Many ThanksNick

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi take a look at Mission M cubes rather than over priced Bose. These have been partnered with the Pioneer by another forum member. He shows his setup in "your system"

Worthwhile choice IMO.

A

Anonymous

The KEF T-series may also be a good option as well as the CA Minx for above AVR's.

If you're set on the Bose speakers you may consider the Pioneer VSX-920 instead of the above since the Bose speaker set is unlikely to bring out the best in the AVR's you have selected.

A

Anonymous

Interesting Ok thanks for that so if I were to opt for the Bose AM15 or KEF T105 which of the these would be best Pioneer VSX-LX53 or
Yamaha RX-V2067?Thanks

A

Anonymous

I've owned Bose and auditioned the T series, I would say the T series win hands down, the AVR is a little more difficult, I would suggest you go and audition all 3, the Onkyo sounded really precise with tweeters on the KEFS, the Yamaha produced a more warmer sound, the pioneer had better mid range. Please remember these are only my opinions though, you may not agree, which is why listening for your self is so important, none of the AVRs are duds.

I would agree with others regarding the KEF T-105 & Mission M-cubes

mission_m_cube_1.jpg

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your input. Am now close to discarding the bose you'll be pleased hear! How do the B&W MT-25 compare with the KEF 105? More importantly what would you pair with each of these get a good overall sound. The reviews for the B&W MT-25 say you should avoid "lean" sounding receivers. Are any of these appropriate? Pioneer VSX-LX53 Yamaha RX-V2067 Onkyo TX-NR808 If not please can you suggest a seasonable pairing option (budget ca. £750). Many Thanks.

michael hoy

njenner said:
Thanks for your input. Am now close to discarding the bose you'll be pleased hear! How do the B&W MT-25 compare with the KEF 105? More importantly what would you pair with each of these get a good overall sound. The reviews for the B&W MT-25 say you should avoid "lean" sounding receivers. Are any of these appropriate? Pioneer VSX-LX53 Yamaha RX-V2067 Onkyo TX-NR808 If not please can you suggest a seasonable pairing option (budget ca. £750). Many Thanks.

With the MT-25 I would go for a Denon 3311 or Yamaha RX-V2067.

But as said before demo.

iceman16

njenner said:
Hi there,I am about to invest some money in a home cinema system. Unfortunately my criteria are somewhat contradictory. I want good sound but stylish, small speakers. I have looked around on the internet for a while and read your reviews. Am pretty set on Bose Acoustimass 15 (as the speakers are small and I can hide the sub away) - Am aware these are not the best quality but I don't think they can be beaten in terms of looks and size (although I would be open to suggestions).I am then looking to pair these with an AV/Receiver and was considering the following:pioneer VSX-LX53Yamaha RX-V2067Onkyo TX-NR808Have looked on the internet and they all seem to be around the same price £750 give or take £20. Obviously the Pioneer has won awards in a higher class but my question is would it pair well with the Bose Acoustimass 15 (if I opt for these)? Or would the Yamaha or Onkyo be better? Is there anything else I should consider?Many ThanksNick
I think there's nothing better but to audition the av amps you've mention.In my own experience and taste I prefer the Pioneer vsx-lx53 over the Onkyo 875 it replaced.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts