Pioneer VSX-2020

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Will this be reviewed anytime soon?

I hear it's very similar to the award winning LX53 (Best receiver between £1000-£1500 currently). In fact it seems that the only difference in a bluebooth dongle and an aluminium front panel.....

So if the SQ is the same, surely it might be an Onk 808 beater?

And at £700-£850 each, it could be an exceptional machine.........?

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
On paper it sounds like a sensible upgrade from my denon 2310..........for a good price.

Need to to improve 2 channel stereo and add a bit of 'get up and go' over my 'warm' denon...

Obviously, my ears will have the final say in that......

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
You caught the bug Pete.....you said just a couple of weeks back that you were happy with the Denon, I've been there too...you buy a new pair of speakers and then you start wondering just how good they really are.....only 1 way to find out!
emotion-2.gif

I'd go for the amp with the free Pioneer BD player..

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
And there's me thinking we'd talked you out of incremental AV receiver upgrades, Pete
emotion-5.gif

Not sure re review of the Pioneer; will need to check with test team

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
grdunn123:

You caught the bug Pete.....you said just a couple of weeks back that you were happy with the Denon, I've been there too...you buy a new pair of speakers and then you start wondering just how good they really are.....only 1 way to find out!
emotion-2.gif

I'd go for the amp with the free Pioneer BD player..

You seen the deal too.......it's part of the reason I'm tempted......assuming my ears think it's a good improvement.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts