pioneer sclx53 or sclx72 receiver

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
Hello all,

Just been browsing at the new lx53 model and have taken quite a fancy, all was well till i checked the price of last years amps and found the lx72 cheaper. Now i'm not interested in 3D tv, so in terms of pic/sound quality would it really be a no brainer to go for the lx72?

I know the easy way would be to go and try them both out and answer my own question, but before i do this i would really value your opinions.

Thanks.

michael hoy

Hi,

I have just changed from the 1909 to the LX72 and with my new speakers the jump in sound quality is enormous, this amp really matches my speakers.

If you can demo then please do so, you will not be disappointed.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The LX72 uses digital ICE amplification, which is quite a step forward from the normal Class A/B amplification used in most receivers, including the LX53. Having said that, the LX53 is still a top notch amplifier.

A

Anonymous

hay david thought all the LX range used the digital ICE amplification?

A

Anonymous

smmee:hay david thought all the LX range used the digital ICE amplification?

I was advised that the LX52 was produced to look like it was in the same range as the 72/82.

I was gonna get the 52 until I demoed it alongside the 82. quite a bit of difference IMO

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
Thanks all for the replies.
emotion-21.gif

Looks like it will be the lx72, now the next question is will this amp allow hdmi pass through when its in stanby? The reason i ask is because my tv can be on for 12-13 hrs a day, everything goes into the denon and thats in standby unless i'm watching a film with multi channel surround, also all my stuff sits in an enclosed alphason abr1100 unit

Thanks again

michael hoy

keiser1:
Thanks all for the replies.
emotion-21.gif

Looks like it will be the lx72, now the next question is will this amp allow hdmi pass through when its in stanby? The reason i ask is because my tv can be on for 12-13 hrs a day, everything goes into the denon and thats in standby unless i'm watching a film with multi channel surround, also all my stuff sits in an enclosed alphason abr1100 unit

Thanks again

I haven't worked this out either yet, if anyone knows please post.

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
Micheal,

I found out on my denon did this by switching the hdmi control setting to on, (at least i think that done it) maybe try that on the pioneer.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I am pretty sure that it doesn't. I don't recall seeing anything in the menu system of the new models and I cant think of any of our customers systems that we set up like that.

Had you considered an HDMI switch - I presume you want to run your Sky all day?

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
There's 3 on the tv.

But if i use the seperate switching box wouldn't that eliminate hdmi switching on the amp. ie; push 1 for blu-ray, 2 for sky and 3 for ps3?

Or are you saying that as i use the hormany one, if i just use the activities button and press watch tv as normal it would select the right setting? Surley then i could just run sky to hdmi 1 on the tv and then the amp with the rest of the stuff in to hdmi 2, thus not needing a seperate switching box?

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
Took the plunge and ordered! yee haa! I was doing my own head in trying to decide.

£899 from super fi online

I think i'll make some adjustments to the rack and see how we go with keeping it cool.

Thankyou everyone for your replies, now cant wait for this beauty to turn up.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Just for the record, the Pioneers don't have HDMI pass through. But as I've mentioned, most amps that do have it lead you to believe they're in standby and not using much electric, but in practice, most, if not all, are actually on and using normal 'idling' leccy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts