Pioneer SC-LX86 Software update problems! UE 22 error. Please help!

Roundhead 5000

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Have just recently moved, was setting up again via full auto Macc. Once complete I am getting a UE 22 error flashing on the display. Have tried to update again (amp connected to internet) but it says I have the latest version, and doesn't give me the option to re install the software/firmware update. Is there any way to overide this or bypass it?
Thanks in advance.

Zarn_Smith

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I know that I am reviving an old thread here but I too also had this problem and thought that I would post a reply on how I resolved it without having to take the amp back to the shop.

It seems (even with the lastest firmware) that there are a few bugs in the software driving the SC-LX86. Anyway the same symptoms happened to me. UE 22 suggests that a firmware update has gone wrong even through the last thing done with the amp is an attempt to run the MCACC. Turning the amp off (at the wall) and back on again does not help.

What does fix it is a factory reset as per page 80 of the manual.

boneidol

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Search Pioneer EU22 online and see how many unhappy pionerr owners you can find?

Sorry to add to an old thread, but my LX-86 has died and the EU22 message is showing, I have spoken to Pioneer uk and they do not care, its not in warranty and its tough... It is not a design fault according to Pioneer, even though on forums, online many many pioneer owners are having the same problem. The amp starts to crackle and pop a few times and then EU22 message appears and then no sound.

Not been technically minded, but appears to be a board issue and the replacement board has the same issue. Surely this is a design problem/fault is the replacement board does the same thing.

The attitude from Pioneer customer service is tough, as they do not work for Onkyo as pioneer UK only now do dj equipment and car audio, then Pioneer product owners appear to be screwed.

This was a £2500 amp, I also have 2 vsx-924 amp, ticking time bombs by the sound of it.

I cannot even find a pioneer service and repair center to send the amp too (Leeds area if anyone can please help).

I think this is pretty appalling for a top of the range A/V amp to only last a couple of years and Pioneer to have no interest in resolving the problem.

MORAL OF THE STORY DO NOT BUY PIONEER A/V AMPS

THIS PROBLEM IS COMMON AND WIDESPREAD AND WILL ONLY HAPPEN A FEW YEARS INTO ITS LIFE AND AFTER ITS WARRANTY HAS ENDED

THANKS PIONEER

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
boneidol said:
I cannot even find a pioneer service and repair center to send the amp too (Leeds area if anyone can please help).

Well, Richer Sounds main service centre is located in Manchester, and you should be able to send the unit for a quote via your local Richer Store in Leeds.

http://www.richersounds.com/information/service

It seems to be either that or shipping the unit to Genserve, which is an official Pioneer service centre, but they're located in Swindon (although they do have a courier collect and return service).

http://www.genserve.co.uk

Personally, I'd make the retailer where you bought the Pioneer your first port of call: there may only be a limited warranty, but as I am sure someone will be along soon to point, you do have rights under consumer law to expect a product you buy to function for a reasonable time. And I would have thought considerably more than a couple of years would be a reasonable expectation of something so expensive, so perhaps your next recourse should be to your local consumer advice/trading standards people.

TRENDING THREADS