Pioneer SC-LX82 HDCP & PS3 problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
okay - so I upgraded from the Sony STR-DA5200ES that has served me pretty well over the years.

I chose the award winning pioneer SC-LX82 (vs the new STR-DA5500ES). My first step before new speakers (i currrently have KEF 3005.2s)

However unless I can fix these basic issues I'm already having, i'll be sending it back - nothing on pioneer forums. I never had such basic issues with the Sony.

1) "HDCP ERROR" I have a kuro PDP-LX5080 and it doesn't connect due to a HDCP error! The messy solution is to seemingly unplug the Kuro HDMI from OUTPUT 1 (the Kuro link), Plug it in OUTPUT 2 which then works without error. One can then replug it back into OUTPUT 1 for a functioning connection!!!

To make it worse, if I then plug in the projector (infocus X9) it then re-triggers the HDCP ERROR message losing the TV again! Only if the projector is ON as well do both outputs work without the HDCP Error. I can then switch off the TV - What a disaster! and with a Kuro TV? An absolute mockery of dual outputs

2) PS3 (latest firmware(- this one is more tricky. Again never any issues on the 5200ES (i used a powered HDMI splitter before). The main XrossMediaBar screen is flickery and with corruption before blanking completely. A Blu-ray or videogame displays okay.. so I can only infer there is something about the main PS3 screen that after being fed through the SC-LX82 proves indigestible to the X9 projector (connecting the PS3 direct or via the DA5200ES provides no issues..)

Any advice for either of these would be appreciated. Now I know the 5200ES is prob two stars by todays standards (i read with much angst the other 5* vs 4* post) but it served me well and even though my neanderthal ears can pick out more detail with the new pioneer (i wanted networking + two outputs) I am regretting my choice.. - i just hope i am being dumb and the LX82 is still the award winner I bought.. help,

k

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

I have the 81 but I don't have a pioneer plasma, but when ever I get that message it's telling me something is not on, or something is not set right ie if i turn my amp on then my tv must be then put on the hdmi output with the tv remote otherwise I would get that message HDCP Error.

This does look like something very simple, It took me a while to get used to everything. When ever the power goes off I have to set my amp back to the BD setttings by pressing bd on the amp remote.

I don't know if this help's or not if you have more questions know post again, and I will see if I can help.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Gel you're a lifesaver om (1) basically even when the projector is off it gives an HDCP Error on the TV output. Trick is to switch off the Output when not in use.

C'mon Pioneer misleading error messages are the worst..

now if only i can fix the PS3 problem.. maybe the colour depth or refresh rate of the home page is different to BDs?

A

Anonymous

okay PS3 problem solved

its a 1080p problem. My explanation (not sure if correct)

For some reason (unlike the old sony 5200ES!!) the SC-LX82AV Receiver doesn't output a strong enough signal through the my 15m QED HDMI cable to make it to the projector properly.

i can either set it to 1080i or add a power booster to the cable. Oddly 1080p blu ray movies work.

If anybody has a solution to this (ie without the power booster) would be great. Its usable but not what i expect from the 5* award winner at this price. there must be so much power to spare in this monster..

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi, I am glad I could help, the pioneer amp is quite clever because it tells you if something is not quite right, the first time I got that message I thought on my god it's broken or something like that.

I am not to sure what you are having problems's with now. Am I right in assuming you are trying to upscale to 1080p to your projector?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

Yes in terms's of power this amplifier would take some beating.

A forum member called Barnsleydave might be able to help here because he has the 81 as well and know's more than I do about these things.

So calling Barnsleydave.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts