Please help... having problems with muddy overwhelming bass

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
^ You REALLY don't want to know.

On a more serious level, I would certainly try a different chair. The high back and wings could be "funneling" sound, and doing so in an unacceptable way.

Get herself a nice "Frasier's dad" La-Z-Boy. No. Really.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
newlash09 said:
And with audyssey flat setting on, my front floor standers are not booming any more. I don't know how audyssey does it. But Very glad for now :)

Can you not turn audyssey completely off? My marantz definitely sounds better by turning it off. Audyssey 'might' give the right audible range, but it removes detail and musicality in the process.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I found the sound from my previous Onyko amp with audyssey switched on to be flat and lifeless with both music and movies, soon as I turned it off the sound was much better.

*music2*

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Had tried disabling audyssey completely. But do to the proximity of the floor standers to the rear wall there was discernable boom in my room.

Just yesterday came across the review of marantz sr6012 in home theatre hifi magazine. He bought the marantz audyssey app, and in that he disabled audyssey intervention above 800 Hz. And per the reviewer the sound was back to sounding natural. Would have to try this once Iam back home from my boat :)

Will start a seperate thread to promulgate same for the benefit of other marantz owners.

Sliced Bread

newlash09 said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Glad you have got your self sorted out but have you tried setting the crossover at 80hz through your Av for all speakers that way the subwoofer is doing all of the low frequencies for bass

I now have all speakers running at a 80 Hz crossover. And the sub in bypass mode. And everything sounds so lovely. Now I wish my main stereo sounded this good. But it is lacking room correction. That will be my next port of call. A mini DSP or Dirac live :)

Totally worth considering an anti-mode. I was a huge naysayer in the past due to the a-d-a conversion but a few here convinced me to try one and it’s resulted in the best bass I’ve ever had :)

Smooth, deep and balanced.

Sliced Bread

newlash09 said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Glad you have got your self sorted out but have you tried setting the crossover at 80hz through your Av for all speakers that way the subwoofer is doing all of the low frequencies for bass

I now have all speakers running at a 80 Hz crossover. And the sub in bypass mode. And everything sounds so lovely. Now I wish my main stereo sounded this good. But it is lacking room correction. That will be my next port of call. A mini DSP or Dirac live :)

Totally worth considering an anti-mode. I was a huge naysayer in the past due to the a-d-a conversion but a few here convinced me to try one and it’s resulted in the best bass I’ve ever had :)

Smooth, deep and balanced.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts