Pioneer SC-LX82 or Denon 4310.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am from Sweden and I am going to replace my old Yamaha system with something newer. I have been searching the internet for options and narrowed it down to these two. Speakers I am thinking of buying the Monitor Audio Silver RX AV package. So far the Pioneer seems to be the right choice but the thing is that I can get the Denon much, much cheaper. I can get the Pioneer for £ 2200 (SEK 25 000) and the Denon for £ 1300 (SEK 14500). So my question is, is the Pioneer really worth the extra money or should I spend it on better speakers, blue ray or other accessories. I have not done any auditing yet need some sound advice first.

sredna:I am from Sweden and I am going to replace my old Yamaha system with something newer. I have been searching the internet for options and narrowed it down to these two. Speakers I am thinking of buying the Monitor Audio Silver RX AV package. So far the Pioneer seems to be the right choice but the thing is that I can get the Denon much, much cheaper. I can get the Pioneer for £ 2200 (SEK 25 000) and the Denon for £ 1300 (SEK 14500). So my question is, is the Pioneer really worth the extra money or should I spend it on better speakers, blue ray or other accessories. I have not done any auditing yet need some sound advice first.

Hi sredna

I would also suggest that you consider the Yamaha DSP-Z7. The DSP-Z7 is imo the finest VFM AV amplifier currently available on the market irrsepective of price (even at its full RRP of £1960). In the UK the DSP-Z7 is now generally available around £1.5k making it (dare i say it) a bargain.

The Silver RX AV package is excellent and works superbly with the DSP-Z7.

Besides which Yamaha AV amps + Monitor Audio speakers = great match (time after time)
emotion-2.gif

Btw, should you opt for the DSP-Z7 than also consider Yamaha's new BD-S1900 which will be an ideal match.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi Rick

Thank you for the advice.

Regarding the DSP-Z7 I wish a was living in the UK. In Sweden it will cost me £2400 (SEK 27500) and this starts to hurt even my wallet.

sredna:

Hi Rick

Thank you for the advice.

Regarding the DSP-Z7 I wish a was living in the UK. In Sweden it will cost me £2400 (SEK 27500) and this starts to hurt even my wallet.

Hi sredna

I fully appreciate with the DSP-Z7 at £2400 in Sweden it may feel like a bitter pill to swallow. However i genuinely believe the DSP-Z7's superiority will (particularly) in the long term justify the extra premium. As i mentioned in my previous post i believe the DSP-Z7 is the finest AV amplifier currently available on the market irrespective of price (even at its full UK RRP of £1960).

The DSP-Z7 and Monitor Audio's Silver RX AV speaker package were made for each other. Great match.
emotion-1.gif

From experience the one thing which i have learnt over the years is (i don't say this likely) Yamaha inspires confidence.
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
sredna:Regarding the DSP-Z7 I wish a was living in the UK. In Sweden it will cost me £2400 (SEK 27500) and this starts to hurt even my wallet.

Wow, that's £1,000 more than here currently - and we think we've got it bad!!

A

Anonymous

DONT NO IF ITS ANY HELP BUT IVE GOT THE LX81 WITH MONITOR AUDIO SILVER AV BUT UPGRADED TO RX8 FRONTS AND ITS SOUNDS AMAZING HAD IT ABOUT 12 MONTHS NOW DONT THINK YOU WILL BE DISAPOINTED WITH THE 82 BEST THING IS TRY AND FIND SOME WERE TO HAVE A LISTEN GOOD LOOK !!

A

Anonymous

Both of these AVR are realy good in their own ways including the yamaha z7 , and if the yamaha z7 was the finest AVR. at this price point then everyone would have bought the Z7 that easy , but it,s not ....most of it will depends on your preferences and how you like your sound cocked.

personaly speaking, after i have just sold my Denon 4310 , not because it was bad AVR. in anyway but the sound persentation was a little too smooth and relaxed for my own taste, i went out and auditioned both the yamaha z7 and the pioneer lx82 ,however the Z7 was on par with avr-4310 but i was immediately stunned by pioneer lx-82 , the open and transparence sound presantation from the lx-82 makes the avr. drop every last single details like you have never heard before, and soon i was hearing things that i havn,t heard by both the Z7 and the 4310, for me the pioneer lx-82 it took both the Z7 and the AVR-4310 by storm.

But just like i have said before go and audition these avr. and the one that sound best for you , is the best avr.

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
sredna: Regarding the DSP-Z7 I wish a was living in the UK. In Sweden it will cost me £2400 (SEK 27500) and this starts to hurt even my wallet.

Hi Sredna

Go to Denmark. Here you can have the Yamaha DSP-Z7 for 17.000 DKR. Not sure what that is in Swedish kroner, but it must be cheaper.

I can only agree that it is an amazing amp. Had it for half a year now and it continue to impress me. I haven't heard the Pioneer though, and I am sure it is a killer too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts