Pioneer Plasma Cleaning

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone help?

Having previously damaged beyond repair our 42" Pioneer Plasma, trying to remove marks from the screen and then ending up with marks that apparently went through the protective screen coating, i am reluctant to attempt cleaning on our new 50" Pioneer.

Whilst I have read that other manufacturer's Plasmas appear to be a doddle to clean, Panasonic Vierra's etc, it seems that the Pioneer can be frought with problems!

The "dusting" cloth that they supply with the Plasma from new is fine in the short term, but what we have found yet again is that when a fly lands on the screen it appears to leave a small minute spot that cannot subsequently be removed by this cloth.

By the way the initial cleaning products used on the old Plasma started with proprietary Plasma screen cleaners, wonder micro fibre cloths etc.

Any help greatly appreciated.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I use a cloth and cleaning solution that I got from my local Opticians that is made for Glasses with anit-scratch lenses> I have been cleaning my Plasma screens like this for over 5 years and no problems.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that.

My only concern is that all these things seem to be ok on other manufacturer's Plasma's but not on Pioneer units that apparently have a protective coating applied to the screen.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, as the 428/508 manual says:

"Cleaning the surface of the screen and the glossy
surface of the front cabinet

When cleaning the surface of the screen or the glossy surface of the
front cabinet, gently wipe it with a dry soft cloth; the supplied
cleaning cloth or other similar cloths (e.g., cotton and flannel). If
you use a dusty or hard cloth or if you rub the screen hard, the
surface of the product will be scratched.
If you clean the surface of the screen with a wet cloth, water
droplets on the surface may enter into the product, resulting in
malfunction."

I would suggest a microfibre cloth, used gently, and tackling any marks as soon as they appear.

A

Anonymous

I use a 3m microfibre cloth or a Spontex window wonder cloth. They won't damage the screen will they?

A

Anonymous

I bought the Philips Plasma/LCD cleaner via Amazon UK. It came yesterday and I have to say that all those horrible fingerprints and smudges created when I wall mounted my Plasma a few days ago have all disappeared. No streaks either and the screen is absolutely clean, though it does attract a lot of dust which I shift lightly with the microfibre cloth provided in the package.This stuff is like a liquid Gel and really does the job exceedingly well so much so that even Mr Kipling might wish to endorse the product.

A

Anonymous

I have just seen a new product from a company called EDITED BY MODS* it looks great I am away to order one, they also have a video of it being used on a pioneer Plasma

* Yes, it does look great, and amazingly the address on the site to which the poster directed readers is exactly the same as the postal address for the company domain name from which his registration email address originates.

BANNED for advertising.

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Pioneer themselves actually recommend NOT using anything other than the cloth provided for cleaning the panel. They are quite adamant about this as using anything other than that can actually void your manufacturers warranty. I know as I previously worked for them.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Personally - and because I can't find that hilarious video of firemen hosing down a flatscreen right now - I'd never use any kind of cleaning agent on a screen unless the manufacturer specifically advised it.

EDIT:

gallery-17.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts