My Panasonic plasma

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
:) All this hate for Panasonic plasma's on here from a certain someone who seems to have brought the problems on himself, just thought I would re-dress the balance a little, I LOVE MY PANASONIC PLASMA, never looked back, don't get any screen burn just IR but that goes very quick, never used anything more than a plasma screen cleaner and my anti-glare coating is all there with no marks or bits falling off :rofl: , just follow these basic rules :

Don't leave a still picture on for more than a week

Don't use a wire brush or acid to clean the screen

Always make sure the tv is the right way up if in doubt look at the logo on the front

:cheers:

A

Anonymous

Hello!

You have been lucky with your purchase not everyone will be like you. As for hate yea it's quite understandable if you have a bad experience with a product or company then that changes that company or product in your eye forever. Panasonic was world class manafacturers at one stage they the number 1 product on the market for djs and nightclubs the Technics SL1200 1210 turntable. This was the turntable industry standard and was used in clubs all up and down the country. Unfortunetely that was then it is not now. For every Panasonic Plasma fanboy or lover out there then will be Panasonic haters that will never buy thier product again that's a fact like it or not and people are entitled to thier opinion when they spent a lot of hard earned cash on the product in the 1st place. As for plasmas by any company they are flawed in a lot of ways IR, Screen damage and in Panasonics case a lot more. While every manufacturer and product has it's problems for problems to arise within the 1st year of warranty is not really acceptable. In the uk we are goverened by the sales goods act 1979 ie a product has to be fit for it's purchase. A lot of people have had ir/ screen burn issues just watching normal tv it's a common issue that alot of people get with plasmas. They had thier tvs replaced under the warrantys etc, so yes it's a big problem. Now concerning me i was battered by people on here with the Panasonic Manuel like a bible basher. A instruction manuel is for refrence only most people use plasma screen cleaner myself included. But i came to the conclusion yesterday that the majority was protecting thier baby ie thier plasma and thier daddy aka Panasonic = The Panasonic Fanboy Forums. Give it a few years you guys will be moving on to something new on the market as plasma is old technology. Anyway guys you can talk Panasonic to your blue in the face and reach orgasmic propulsions. As for me i in process of getting rid of my tv and moving from plasma to Led. As for Panasonic i really don't care what they do regards tvs as i won't buy another tv from them again, BUT they do make good cameras :rofl:

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
MrCoolxx said:
i was battered by people on here with the Panasonic Manuel like a bible basher. A instruction manuel is for refrence only most people use plasma screen cleaner myself included.

Not sure who the Spanish person is you're referring to, but I was merely pointing out the advice the instructions give about cleaning the screens, If you choose to ignore them, then you can expect little sympathy if you damage the screen, as now appears to be the case. The manual is there for a purpose.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard said:
MrCoolxx said:
i was battered by people on here with the Panasonic Manuel like a bible basher. A instruction manuel is for refrence only most people use plasma screen cleaner myself included.

Not sure who the Spanish person is you're referring to, but I was merely pointing out the advice the instructions give about cleaning the screens, If you choose to ignore them, then you can expect little sympathy if you damage the screen, as now appears to be the case. The manual is there for a purpose.

Yep reference, most people use plasma cleaner! otherwise there wouldn't be any point the retailors stocking them :clap:

proffski

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
For those of us in deepest Gloucestershire who could not afford or were late getting their Pioneer Kuro masterpieces like all others a great many of us settled for Panasonic Plasma TVs.

Not one single friend, acquaintance or family member has had one problem, zero, zilch, nothing. And these span at least two generations with the latest soon to be added. I am beginning to imagine that this must be a regional thing, surely at least one repeat of the previously mentioned faults? Well, not here and one person I know is an avid daytime TV addict, as well as evening entertainment and still not one single problem.

We buy foaming cleaner and sometimes use those damp cloth things and no reported or observed marring of the screen surfaces.

Bizarre!

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
MrCoolxx said:
Andrew Everard said:
MrCoolxx said:

Yep reference, most people use plasma cleaner! otherwise there wouldn't be any point the retailors stocking them :clap:

So where did you discover this statistic that 'most people' use plasma screen cleaner? If you're so certain of it, then perhaps you'd be kind enough to point us in the direction of the source of this 'fact'.

Retailers stock these cleaning kits because there is a demand for them, not because they are the best and safest way to clean a screen. The profit margin on one small bottle of 'cleaning fluid' and either a microfibre cloth or 'ergonomic grip' screen wipe costing between £5.00 to £7.00 makes it worthwhile having them available however many they sell. It wouldn't surprise me either if somewhere on the packaging or on the contents therein that there is a disclaimer stating that before use you should check with the owner's manual if the product is suitable for use on your particular screen. But as both my samsung manuals clearly state that the screen should only ever be cleaned with the included microfibre cloth either used dry, dampened with water or in stubborn cases with a very mild detergent solution, then I have had no reason to buy any of these 'plasma screen cleaners' so couldn't say for certain.

And here's a little something for you to mull over......Do you have a toaster in your home? If so, find the instruction/reference manual and read the part which refers to not fully immersing it in water or inserting metal objects into the slots whilst it is plugged in to the mains supply. Now, I bet even you're not foolish enough to disregard that advice, even though by your own argument, as it's in the 'manual' then it is just there for 'reference' and so can quite happily be ignored, whatever the consequences......

Basil Fawlty: Oh, I can spend the rest of my life having this conversation. Now, please, please, try to understand before one of us dies.
Manuel: I try.

A

Anonymous

robjcooper said:
MrCoolxx said:
Andrew Everard said:
MrCoolxx said:

So where did you discover this statistic that 'most people' use plasma screen cleaner? If you're so certain of it, then perhaps you'd be kind enough to point us in the direction of the source of this 'fact'.

Retailers stock these cleaning kits because there is a demand for them, not because they are the best and safest way to clean a screen. The profit margin on one small bottle of 'cleaning fluid' and either a microfibre cloth or 'ergonomic grip' screen wipe costing between £5.00 to £7.00 makes it worthwhile having them available however many they sell. It wouldn't surprise me either if somewhere on the packaging or on the contents therein that there is a disclaimer stating that before use you should check with the owner's manual if the product is suitable for use on your particular screen. But as both my samsung manuals clearly state that the screen should only ever be cleaned with the included microfibre cloth either used dry, dampened with water or in stubborn cases with a very mild detergent solution, then I have had no reason to buy any of these 'plasma screen cleaners' so couldn't say for certain.

And here's a little something for you to mull over......Do you have a toaster in your home? If so, find the instruction/reference manual and read the part which refers to not fully immersing it in water or inserting metal objects into the slots whilst it is plugged in to the mains supply. Now, I bet even you're not foolish enough to disregard that advice, even though by your own argument, as it's in the 'manual' then it is just there for 'reference' and so can quite happily be ignored, whatever the consequences......

Basil Fawlty: Oh, I can spend the rest of my life having this conversation. Now, please, please, try to understand before one of us dies.
Manuel: I try.

Well if you pop down to your local Maplins or Richer Sounds I'm sure they be happy to help you out with your info ;-)

As for the manuel if water suits you sir then carry on using water just don't drink it afterwards lol

BernardLanguillier

Aug 16, 2008
Visit site
I have been using a top range 46VT3 for 8 months and just love it. Zeo issues, great design and by far the best image quality I have seen anywhere. This is my first Panasonic screen, but it has simply redefined the expectations I had for flat screen TVs.

Cheers,

Bernard

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
robjcooper said:
It wouldn't surprise me either if somewhere on the packaging or on the contents therein that there is a disclaimer stating that before use you should check with the owner's manual if the product is suitable for use on your particular screen.

MrCoolx can't be bothered to read the instruction manual for his TV, in a 'real men don't ask for directions' kinda way – what chance do you think the instructions on a screen-cleaner package stand?

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard said:
robjcooper said:
It wouldn't surprise me either if somewhere on the packaging or on the contents therein that there is a disclaimer stating that before use you should check with the owner's manual if the product is suitable for use on your particular screen.

MrCoolx can't be bothered to read the instruction manual for his TV, in a 'real men don't ask for directions' kinda way – what chance do you think the instructions on a screen-cleaner package stand?

Just as I can't be asked with this thread no more. For those who love thier Pannys tv Fantastic! But not all Panny TVs are a like! Feel the love for Panasonic and thier very bad customer support!

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
MrCoolxx said:
As for me i in process of getting rid of my tv and moving from plasma to Led.

Yes because LED lit LCD's dont have any issues like un-even backlight, or slower response times to name but 2! And you do know that the same rules apply to cleaning a LCD screen as to a Plasma as in its recomended that you only use a soft microfibre cloth and NO STRONG CHEMICALS!

I have owned many Plasma displays over the years from Fujitsu,Pioneer,Panasonic and Samsung and using them for both TV/DVD and gaming have never had any issues with screenburn or severe IR even on my now acient Fujitsu which had no IR protection yet my Son still uses it on a daily basis playing COD for hours. But then I've never left any of them on pause for 4 hours whilst on the phone then moan about the product even though its clearly your own fault, if your going to be a while whilst a static image is being displayed why not simply turn the TV off??? this would not only save any IR issues but also save money on wasted power!!!

A

Anonymous

D.J.KRIME said:
MrCoolxx said:

Yes because LED lit LCD's dont have any issues like un-even backlight, or slower response times to name but 2! And you do know that the same rules apply to cleaning a LCD screen as to a Plasma as in its recomended that you only use a soft microfibre cloth and NO STRONG CHEMICALS!

I have owned many Plasma displays over the years from Fujitsu,Pioneer,Panasonic and Samsung and using them for both TV/DVD and gaming have never had any issues with screenburn or severe IR even on my now acient Fujitsu which had no IR protection yet my Son still uses it on a daily basis playing COD for hours. But then I've never left any of them on pause for 4 hours whilst on the phone then moan about the product even though its clearly your own fault, if your going to be a while whilst a static image is being displayed why not simply turn the TV off??? this would not only save any IR issues but also save money on wasted power!!!

Ohhhhh noooo you mean LCD get's ir screen burn too?

A

Anonymous

MrCoolxx said:
D.J.KRIME said:
MrCoolxx said:

Well that model suffers with quite bad ir just ask old boy if you don't believe me! I do believe he got a replacement and then sold it on. So the morale of the set is be careful of Panasonic TX- p42gt20 b sets

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
this is all getting boring now at the end of the day as stated by a few members on these forums if mr coolxx had followed manufacturers guidelines then he would not have had all these problems :wall:

A

Anonymous

To go back to the original OP thread, I have a Panny plasma and it's a pure joy to watch, no problems what so ever. I still admire its lovely deep blacks.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
markjaspi said:
To go back to the original OP thread, I have a Panny plasma and it's a pure joy to watch, no problems what so ever. I still admire its lovely deep blacks.

Yes, me too. Got it at Christmas. Ran with low contrast etc for the first couple of hundred hours and it's MUCH better than the LCD it replaced.

A

Anonymous

Ok Panasonic Plasma fanboys I get the drift BUT! But I'm not the only one who got IR regarding so does that make society of tv a users or does it just point to the fact that plasma are vulnerable and are a major risk factor when choosing a tv? Also Panasonic kinda acknowledged this by including protection in the 2011 models. I mean if Plasmas only get ir through misuse. Then why even bovver to put protection in at all. You can continue putting a small box at front of instruction manuel that ir will not be covered in your warranty. I think it's very safe to say that Panasonic change the rules too suit themselves. After all it's a good way to make money!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
MrCoolxx said:
Also Panasonic kinda acknowledged this by including protection in the 2011 models.

To the best of my knowledge, and in common with other plasma manufacturers, Panasonic has for many years included strategies to reduce the chances of screen burn and image retention, such as screen orbiters and the like.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
MrCoolxx said:
But I'm not the only one who got IR regarding so does that make society of tv a users or does it just point to the fact that plasma are vulnerable and are a major risk factor when choosing a tv?

But you did leave it on pause for 4 hours. That's your own fault. It's a bit like putting diesel in a petrol car; your stupidity and failure to follow instructions doesn't make the product defective, despite the fact that car manufacturers fit a different filler top to try and prevent this.

As for this "fanboy" nonsense, frankly it's a little insulting. Panasonic made a TV that fitted my needs and budget, so I bought it. Before that, I had a Sony - still do in fact, it's upstairs now with the PS3 plugged in. Next time I need a TV, it'll be whatever is right at that time.

The beauty of the internet is that anyone can see that you've pedalled this story on other forums and got much the same response; although your typing is better elsewhere.

A

Anonymous

Lee H said:
MrCoolxx said:
But I'm not the only one who got IR regarding so does that make society of tv a users or does it just point to the fact that plasma are vulnerable and are a major risk factor when choosing a tv?

But you did leave it on pause for 4 hours. That's your own fault. It's a bit like putting diesel in a petrol car; your stupidity and failure to follow instructions doesn't make the product defective, despite the fact that car manufacturers fit a different filler top to try and prevent this.

As for this "fanboy" nonsense, frankly it's a little insulting. Panasonic made a TV that fitted my needs and budget, so I bought it. Before that, I had a Sony - still do in fact, it's upstairs now with the PS3 plugged in. Next time I need a TV, it'll be whatever is right at that time.

The beauty of the internet is that anyone can see that you've pedalled this story on other forums and got much the same response; although your typing is better elsewhere.

Try typing on a I Phone mate! And for the stupid remarks about pedalled well frankly laughable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts