Pioneer LX54 sound quality & Audio out:- PCM, Bit-Stream MIX or just Bit-Stream?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, still struggling to get the best out of my new setup.

Having found that switching from just Bit-stream out to either Bit-stream MIX or PCM gets rid of the problem of lip-sync with my LX54. Which output from the two that work would give me the best sound quality? Would either option be as good as just Bit-Stream?

All this as come about because I like many others, I am suffering a few teething problems with this player until the final firmware is releast. Also does it have any bearing that I have a Pioneer LX53? If I use PCM I can enable PQLS between the player and my receiver.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Do whatever sounds best, but I wouldn't use the MIX setting, on most players this seems to disable the HD audio. Given that PQLS is the main reason for getting matching Pioneer amps and BDPs it's probably not a bad idea to go for that.

A

Anonymous

Imho PCM will give you the best sound quality.

You just need to check that PQLS is compatabile with PCML. I know it is on the SC-LX83.

But it didn't used to be, in that you could only use PQLS for 2 channel PCM which was pointless.

I'm sure a quick call to Pioneer would help you with this if you find the full version of the online handbook over whelming.

A

Anonymous

The LX53 will accept a PCM multi channel input from the player using PQLS. The question is will the players decoding of the film sound track be as good as a bit-steam HDMI input? Is PCM the same as bit-stream? Help! I'm going mad trying to figure it out.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Yes, it will.

Hi Andrew, when you say yes it will, are you referring to the PQLS multi channel input? Which would be the best input mode for the amp? Is the PCM input as good as the bit-stream?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I was answering the question immediately above my answer (seems to make sense to me), which was Jase Brown:The question is will the players decoding of the film sound track be as good as a bit-steam HDMI input?

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:I was answering the question immediately above my answer (seems to make sense to me), which was Jase Brown:The question is will the players decoding of the film sound track be as good as a bit-steam HDMI input?

Thanks for the speedy reply. You've taken a load off my mind. I'll just be sad not to see the DTS MA Audio label come up on my amp screen. I guess I should have the screen blank when watching movies anyway as it sits under the TV.

P.S. Thanks for a great magazine. You've never lead me astray.

A

Anonymous

Yep I agree turn the HDMI/Pqls off. I tried it briefly and it caused problems with my Sky HD box in that it corrupted the handshake. Once off and changed all the settings back everything is ok

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts