Pioneer LX54 Blu-Ray

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just received my new LX54 Blu-Ray player and it looks great above my Pioneer amp. The build quality is way higher than my Sony BDP-S570 blu-ray. Setting it up was very easy as well. Power, HDMI and a ethernet cable and your away. The player configures it self, so there's not much to do. Not had a great amount of time to judge the players abilities just yet, but picture is crisp and sharp. I'm looking forward to spinning a few CDs to see what difference PQLS makes. Load times are comparable to he Sony as far as I can tell. The real test will be Avatar. The longest loading disk I've come across. Remote looks well laid out, although I'd have thought it would be back lit for the money. The main play, pause, fast foreward and rewind are glow in the dark. Post back later with updates.

A

Anonymous

Yes it was me. Just tried the T2 disk so I could run THX again. Thought there might be a difference in picture reproduction. Its a no loader I'm afraid. Just hangs after language option screen and then needs resetting. It's been reported on several forums so far. I did a firmware update as soon as I got the player, but no luck as yet. I hope there will be a further update soon. I don't want this to sully this players reputation before its even had chance to stretch its' legs.
emotion-40.gif
Hopefully Pioneers on the case. I think they must be, as most of the reported on line functions are not yet available. I know you yourself said that you don't use these features, but you should get the feature your supposed to. Weather you've paid for them or not!

A

Anonymous

Hi, for anyone interested I've just completed an extensive back to back test with the LX54 and the Sony BDP-S570. Which is quite difficult with only having one copy of each film and having to put up with Blu-Ray loading times. This is one area that the Sony comes out on top, but the Pioneer is no slouch and still loads in respectable times. Well with the problems the LX54 still has until the final update is available, it is still hands down a better player than the Sony.

Picture quality is the first thing most people are interested in. With the Pioneer blacks are blacker, colours are richer and the overall picture as greater depth and detail. the picture it presents is amazingly 3D. Even without using any 3D functions, the picture as great perspective and depth. I don't think you get that even in 3D movies. Who wants to ware them or pay for them. I ware glasses already and its not greatest experience ware two at a time.

When it comes to sound there is just as big a jump in quality as in the picture department. I may have a slight advantage as I'm using a Pioneer amp with PQLS. Sound is steered around you so accurately, that it can have your head spinning. The opening scene in Cars displays this with aplomb, as cars pass over you, to the left and right hand side at great speed. The quality of detail may only be a bit better, but with the steering it makes a big difference.

So the Sony's going back up stairs and I'm crossing my finger that Pioneer get that update out quickly. The Pioneer's a good upgrade over the Sony and its here to stay.
emotion-2.gif
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Jase Brown:
Hi, for anyone interested I've just completed an extensive back to back test with the LX54 and the Sony BDP-S570. Which is quite difficult with only having one copy of each film and having to put up with Blu-Ray loading times. This is one area that the Sony comes out on top, but the Pioneer is no slouch and still loads in respectable times. Well with the problems the LX54 still has until the final update is available, it is still hands down a better player than the Sony.

Picture quality is the first thing most people are interested in. With the Pioneer blacks are blacker, colours are richer and the overall picture as greater depth and detail. the picture it presents is amazingly 3D. Even without using any 3D functions, the picture as great perspective and depth. I don't think you get that even in 3D movies. Who wants to ware them or pay for them. I ware glasses already and its not greatest experience ware two at a time.

When it comes to sound there is just as big a jump in quality as in the picture department. I may have a slight advantage as I'm using a Pioneer amp with PQLS. Sound is steered around you so accurately, that it can have your head spinning. The opening scene in Cars displays this with aplomb, as cars pass over you, to the left and right hand side at great speed. The quality of detail may only be a bit better, but with the steering it makes a big difference.

So the Sony's going back up stairs and I'm crossing my finger that Pioneer get that update out quickly. The Pioneer's a good upgrade over the Sony and its here to stay.
emotion-2.gif
emotion-21.gif

I totally agree with you in that a PIONEER av amp and bd player combo not only look's gorgouse but more importantly the picture and sound quality are out of this world. I have had in the past variouse diffirent av amp's and bd player some from the same manufacturer but they cannot compete with a PIONEER av amp and bd player combo. It just blow's the competition away.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts