Pioneer LX508D?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting a pioneer 50" LX508D plasma, LX70A blu-ray player and onkyo 605 reciever, i'll keep my B&W 600 S3 speaker package which consists of DM603 fronts, LCR60 centre, DM601 rears and ASW675 sub. Do you think i'm wise to go for this plasma and dvd player (the cost) or should i look for something less expensive. I'd go for it but i'm worried about next month or next year better displays or dvd players being on the market for less cost. Do you think in the near future there will be much better performers then the above pioneer equipment. Many thanks, Lance.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Lance,

That's a seriously good set-up that'd look and sound stupendous, but you are buying at the end of the lifecycle of both Blu-ray player, plasma and receiver: if you are prepared to wait a couple of months, there'll be new models of everything. New receivers due any time; Blu-ray refreshes due from June; new Pioneer plasmas announced May 23rd....

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
I'd wait for the new 9th generation Pioneer plasmas due in June. The new LX5090 will offer even better blacks than the current Kuro and uses the same picture processing engine as the excellent current model. The new models should cost no more than the current model and may even be cheaper. The LX508D is currently the best screen on the market. It's hard to imagine it can be improved upon but that's exactly what the new model is promising and I think it's worth waiting for. I'd also wait on the Blu Ray player and the receiver. New profile 2.0 players are due to be released this summer and the new Onkyo 606 is hitting the shops right now. I think the mag will be reviewing it in the very near future.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts