Pioneer BDPS-320 Blu-Ray vs Sony BDPS-360 Blu-Ray - which is better ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Maybe we ought to start a post titled:

'Please ban Will and Gel...sign up now if your in favour of this move!'

emotion-5.gif

gel is certainly more annoying than Will! BDP-LX71 is an old model!!! Get over it!!! Accept the fact that better blu-ray players have come in the market than your trusty old LX71.You haven't even auditioned the newer blu-ray players. Give me one review online (any site) which says that the BDP-LX71 is the best blu-ray player ever to be made!!!

I only wish there was a thread where Will & gel argue about which is the best blu-ray player on the planet....
emotion-4.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

I have tested the new pioneer blu ray players and it's a fact the old one is better ha ha ha ha. You definetely have not fact!

D

Deleted member 2457

Pistol Pete1 you have not tested the players either I have, you clearly have nothing to say about the players in question

D

Deleted member 2457

Good for you, demo the ones in question and then tell me I am wrong, before saying I am.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
As I said, I'm not in the market for a blu ray player, so i will NOT be demoing 'the ones in question and then telling ' you your wrong.....

To be honest, I've got better things to do with my time....

By the way, when did I say you were wrong?

And you claim you speak 'fact' only!!!!!!!!

Sliced Bread

My system:

Mission 782, 78C, 780 Good 5 star products in their day. Can they be beaten yet? Yep.

MJ Acoustics Ref 100 mkII Pretty good sub suitable for my needs. Can it be beaten? Yep.

Onkyo 905 Receiver Must admit even by todays standards this is still a good product, but can it be beaten? Yep.

Pioneer BDP-320 BD Player Purchased about two months ago 5 star reviews. Can it now be beaten for the price? Yep.

Samsung PS50Q97HDX Good 5 star review. Can it now be beaten? Yep.

Cambridge Audio Azure 640C CD Player Good 5 star reviews and sounds pretty good. Can it be beaten? Yep.

Van Den Hul Flat (HDMI) Good quality cable. Can it be beaten? Yep.

Chord Odyssey 4 Good quality cable. Can it be beaten? Yep.

Van Den Hul The Name Good quality cable. Can it be beaten? Yep.

...but I don't care. Technology moves forward...it's a good thing. It means that the next time you come to replace your BD player, there is a greater chance that the replacement will be superior
emotion-1.gif
Just enjoy what you have. If you like it, then what does it matter.
emotion-2.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

If I was in the market for a new player I would go for the better product if that was old or new.

When you compare the pioneer bdp-lx71 against the new pioneer bdp-lx52. The 71 wins everything apart from Profile 2.

If there is something else better about please say here.

The guy in question wanted a well built blu ray player.

The 71 has a double chassis for superior sound the 52 does not.

The 71 was wolfson dacs the 52 does not.

The 71 has superior technology inside for better picture.

D

Deleted member 2457

John Newman I agree with you totally by the way, if you like something is does not matter is something is better or not.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Indeed, gel, and you obviously love the '71, which has been superceded by a faster-loading, more fully featured, better-performing Pioneer product for the money....

Unless you work or worked for Pioneer, how could you possibly fully understand the software and hardware engineering upgrades that have been implemented on the new models?

You have to judge products on performance, not specs (which can mislead - many products can share core key components and perform differently, for example, due to how those components have been implemented).

I'll concede the casework point, though - the newer models don't have quite the heft of the original.
emotion-5.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

It's not better for the money it's more expensive.

The pioneer bdp-lx71 now can be had for as much as the pioneer bdp-320 let alone the 52.

Yes indeed the casework is far superior as well.

Fast loading what 2 seconds!!!!!

Fully Featured onboard decoded master audio Yes for the new pioners.

The guy in quesion does not have an amplifier even if he did the amp would decode onboard and if he did not have a new one he could download the update from the website.

The 71 has analogue outputs on the back the new cheaper made does not!!!!!!!!!

Have you seen the mains cable they have used on the new one? compared to the old one?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
gel, if you really have a '71 Pioneer that loads a Blu-ray disc in 2 seconds (rather than 2 minutes), then it's obviously a one-off special edition worthy of all the praise you're heaping on it.
emotion-40.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

You know what Claire you are not even reading what I am putting on here

I said the pioneer bdp-lx71 is 2 seconds slower than the 52. Am I wrong or right?

I see you have not even see the mains cable either for the 52 against the 71?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I am reading what you're saying - you said:

gel:

Fast loading what 2 seconds!!!!!

And it's certainly not a mere 2 seconds slower with BD Live-heavy discs.

And yes, i have seen the mains cable(s) - rather hard to avoid when you're testing/using both products.

At this point, i'm going to lock this thread, as it's going nowhere. The OP's point has been long forgotten/covered, and we're just going to have to agree to differ. May you and your '71 - an Award winner in its time, don't forget; it's not like we don't rate it! - continue to enjoy hours of entertainment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts