SONY PS3 VS Blu Ray Players

STUARTWILLIAM

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi

i want to buy a blu ray player, but i don't know if i would be wasting cash. as i like playing video games on my ps3, but i want to get the best out of my blu rays. i have a Samsung plasma PS-42S5SD it can handle upto 1080i high definition in picture. i have a hdml lead and a budget in mind for a blu ray player. any info on the blu rays below would be great, are they better picture quality,better upscaling and Sound etc than my Sony ps3, any help to these players or questions would be great. thanks a million??

Sony BDP-S390
Sony BDP=S370
Sony BDP-S380
Samsung BD-E5500
Panasonic DMP-BD75

My suggestion: buy the PS3 first for your games. Then compare blu ray / DVD performance with other players. In my experience, I found no difference in blu ray picture performance between the PS3 & higher end players. PS3's DVD upscaling is also very good. The only reason I went for a standalone blu ray player, is due to PS3's fan noise (as my AV system is housed in a closed cabinet). If that's not an issue for you, you may well be happy with your PS3.

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
bigboss said:
My suggestion: buy the PS3 first for your games. Then compare blu ray / DVD performance with other players. In my experience, I found no difference in blu ray picture performance between the PS3 & higher end players. PS3's DVD upscaling is also very good. The only reason I went for a standalone blu ray player, is due to PS3's fan noise (as my AV system is housed in a closed cabinet). If that's not an issue for you, you may well be happy with your PS3.

+1 to that. I cant say I've really noticed any difference between my PS3 and Denon/Panny BDP's when playing BDs.

STUARTWILLIAM

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes i would be looking for a good blu ray player for under £200, i would be looking for the sound quality to be as punchy as the picture performance,and get the most out of the upscaling, my desired features would not be a big thing as long as their was firmware updates the player looks elegant and a fast startup and loading for my blu rays i would be happy. and thanks for any advice you can put my way.

You don't have to spend a lot on your player. As your TV's resolution is low, the amount of upscaling DVDs is also less, so DVD pictures will be good. Do you have a sound system? If not, your TV's speakers will not bring out the differences in sound between players. Look at Sony S390 / Panasonic BD75 / BD77 / BDT120.

A

Anonymous

Hello all (and stuart) . I'm searching for a new player myself these day's, so I stumbled over this tread.

A while back I got to borrow both the philips 9600 and the denon 1611 when they werw new on the marked. I had just got the samsung 46' lcd 750(755) model and I wanted to 'try' and se if I could notice any hughe steps in PQ over the good old 60 gig ps3

http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-ray-dvd-players/1386079-ps3-vs-denon-1611-philips-9600-bd-player.html

ore in Norwegian(for pic's)

http://avforum.no/forum/dvd-blu-ray-spillere-opptakere/110033-denon-dpb-1611-vs-ps3.html

http://avforum.no/forum/dvd-blu-ray-spillere-opptakere/109925-philips-bdp9600-vs-ps3.html

I hope one is abel to se the pic's without loging in. But I concluded with that the ps3 was equal ore slightly better on BD than Denon 1611,and was a foot behind on the philips. Cd sound was not tested as I belive both the denon and philips( did) would trash it. On dvd philips did the best job. I used sky blue from PG growing up to compare since the blu light at the start of the song is really 'crowded with ants' if you understand me :)

Back when I did this little test I choose to return both and stick¨with the ps3 a while longer. The denon just felt cheap, and I have later read and heard that few of the philps player worked any good, with a good amount of returns and fixed for many buyers.

Theese day's my DV6400 from marantz is acting up, and the ps3 is getting old so I'm looking at the CA751, wich seems , a little overkill for my system, like a rocking player with good cd audio to. And also the marantz 5005 wich is at a great price at my local dealer now since the 5007 is out. But it has a fan, and while some are loving , some are not so pleezed with it. Beeing more pricy than Denon while it's the same thing( they look alike, at the back atleast :) )

not easy this :)

STUARTWILLIAM

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
No i don't have a sound system at the moment it's something else i'm looking into, thanks for your advice on the blu ray players i will look into them and let you know what i choose (-:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts