Pioneer BDPS-320 Blu-Ray vs Sony BDPS-360 Blu-Ray - which is better ?

deanosborn1

Dec 14, 2007
Visit site
I can't decide between the two to pair up with my Sony 32W4000 LCD.

I know the Sony has been getting rave reviews, and the Pioneer is obviously double the price of the Sony. But on a 32 inch panel will I really notice that much difference to warrant spending the extra cash ? I just think the Sony looks a little cheap and plasticky.

It's worth mentioning that I only use the speakers of the TV itself, and don't have an AV receiver.

Many thanks

Dean

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

You obviously have not seen the pioneer then, it is the chepeast bit of plastic debt ridden pioneer could put together.

You should go for one of the Sony's probaly the one up or 2 to get the product of the year which you can now say today on here.

deanosborn1

Dec 14, 2007
Visit site
OK - thanks for the advice - I haven't seen the Pioneers in the flesh yet - I think a visit to Richer Sounds is in order just to have a good look at them all.

D

Deleted member 2457

If I was you I would go for one of the new Sony's or one of the old "real pioneers".

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

The pioneer bdp-lx71 is on another planet compared to the BDP-LX52 let alone the BDP-320.

The pioneer bdp-lx71 is better than the Denon DVD-2500bt as well.

If you budget could stetch to it you will not be sorry it's like gettting at £1,000 blu ray and dvd player.

Anyone who disagrees has not seen it against the other's.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
If you haven't met gel, he's founder member of the 'all modern Pioneers are rubbish' club.

We have seen all the players, and this year's Pioneers are excellent, offering more functionality and better value than last years' models. The 'LX52 is a particular stunner.

Back back to the original question... The '320 is certainly more capable than the budget Sony, but step up to the Sony 'S760 and it's a big leap in performance. I'd recommend you get out and see some of the players in action.

deanosborn1

Dec 14, 2007
Visit site
Thanks, i'll certainly makea trip out to have a look at these.

Do you think , on a 32 inch smallish screen, that I will notice that leap in image/video quality between the Sony 360 and the more expensive Sony 760 you speak about ?

D

Deleted member 2457

Clare have you seen the blu ray players in question against the pioneer bdp-lx71?

D

Deleted member 2457

By the way this year's pioneer's blu ray players are a pile of utter rubbish compared to the last two year models - fact.

You are talking rubbish.

D

Deleted member 2457

And by the way if a Sony 760 can trounce anything from pioneer this year it just proofs my point, finished!

That would be unheard for the last 5 years in any model

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
gel: By the way this year's pioneer's blu ray players are a pile of utter rubbish compared to the last two year models - fact.

Have you got anything to back that statement up with, other than just repeating it over and over again?

You are talking rubbish.

At least rubbish has some substance, which is more than most of your comments do.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
gel:Clare have you seen the blu ray players in question against the pioneer bdp-lx71?

Yep - and the '51.

So, less insults please. I'll draw your attention to the House Rules re respect for other Forum users....

D

Deleted member 2457

I did not even mention the pioneer's the other guy did and I gave him a honest opinion based on seeing them myself. I just do not agree with you.

Perhaps you need to go back and have another look.

The guy would like to buy a blu ray player.

Not a bd live blu ray player not let's rave about the new thing to sell magazines which is what you do.

In a test together the old pioneers are coming out better picture, sound, build quality fact!

D

Deleted member 2457

Just because it's new does not mean it's better fact!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
gel:
In a test together the old pioneers are coming out better picture, sound, build quality fact!

Not our tests; and that's based on a whole host of criteria, not just Profile 2.0 compatibility.

And please less with the 'fact' thing - it's not 'fact', it's your opinion (and you're sounding like David Brent!)

D

Deleted member 2457

You are not even comparing against last year's models!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
gel, we had this discussion before: when we first tested this year's Pioneers, we compared them to last year's models. We prefer this year's players, for many reasons.

I do not know what your particular beef is with Pioneer, but please don't labour the point: I don't think anybody could be in doubt of your views by now, and however long you remonstrate, we're not going to change our opinion!

D

Deleted member 2457

Clare Newsome if you log onto pioneer.co.uk the components used in the pioneer bdp-lx71 are superior to the components used in the new ones. fact, fact, fact, fact, fact, fact.!!!!!!!!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Superior, or different? And what about the software engineering?

I repeat, we're not going to change our opinion, which is based on hours of studying the performance of the players in question, not their raw spec-sheets.

D

Deleted member 2457

Software engineering, components everything is far superior on the pioneer bdp-lx71 which is fact.

If you do not believe log onto pioneer.co.uk and see for yourself.

D

Deleted member 2457

The only thing the new pioneer's have is profile 2 which counts for nothing.

The old ones are better (please see pioneer.co.uk). for proof.

D

Deleted member 2457

What is better:

1. Build quality answer no

2. Picture quality answer no.

3. Sound quality answer no.

4. Components answer no.

Therer is nothing left to say.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
I understand now. There is a competion between Will and Gel to see who can irritate the WHF staff most. That is the only rational explanation for their recent posts.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts