Pioneer 4280XD v 428XD

Ksutty

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
I finally went out yesterday to make my purchase of a new 42" plasma, I was hoping to buy the new Pioneer PDP 4280XD however on arrival at the shop I was confronted by another model, the PDP428XD ! Not sure what the difference is other than various picture in picture modes and a CI slot ???? , can anyone advise Thanks

A

Anonymous

The 4280 is the slightly paired down model. the 428 is the full spec. It was more evident (what the difference was) in the 4270 vs. 427 model but in the new version the difference is likely to be irrelevant for most home use. So you should be able to buy the 4280 at a slight discount to the 428 with confidence.

Enjoy your new screen!

Ksutty

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
I take it the screen itself is the same on both sets with regard to picture quality etc, so if I go for the 4280 then what am I missing out on?
I dont want to spend this much and miss out on anything for the sake of £50

A

Anonymous

Main differences from what I can see between the two models is that the 428XD has the following:

[*]Subwoofer output: this KURO has high-grade audio parts: but if you want to boost lower frequencies, it has direct sub out, with no need for an additional amplifier.
ISF calibration ready: The ISF C3 (or Custom Calibration Configuration) feature allows your screen to be optimised for your viewing environment. As an optional service, a trained professional can precisely calibrate your plasma panel with customised levels of contrast, tint, colour level and other parameters.

However, no need to be baffled by all this science. Suffice to say that the picture on the 4280XD is breathtaking as it is on the 428XD and If anyone can see the difference......then I'm a Chinaman! Go for the 4280XD if you buy from http://www.tlcbroadcast.co.uk/pioneer/index.php you can get it for £1,625.00 including a 5 Year Warranty

A

Anonymous

I think the 428 will also allow the brightness to be adjusted depending on the ambient room lighting. It also has some kind of picture in picture faciltiy.

Downside is you have to buy a stand seperately so you need to add another £150 to the price (unless the reseller includesd one in the spec) . This does mean though that you can go for the (slightly nicer) swivel pedestal stand.

TRENDING THREADS