Pioneer 2011

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Yes it will Mark.

I've just put getting an oppo 95 on hold to see what the LX-55 delivers.

Interestingly all 3 models have SACD as well even the 140.

A

Anonymous

I noticed that Hifix have them listed for pre-order at a very reasonable price. When I dropped them a line Kevin confirmed they would not be available for despatch until September. I just hope I can resist the urge to upgrade until then as I have one eye onthe Oppo 93.

D

Deleted member 2457

v1c said:
The 55's got QDEO Video Processor.

If it live's up to the look and the spec it'll be a no brainer for me.

Do you know what the weight of it is?

Cheers.

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Not come across the weight yet.

Lx91 14.3 kg , Lx71 5.7kg , Lx 52 3.6kg , Lx 53 3.3 kg, Lx 54 3.3kg. Would expect the LX 55 to be 3KG +

Didn't realised the 91 was that heavy ! it's only 4.2 kg less than the SC-lx83 !.

Interesting that both US and Japanese pioneer sites no longer have the 91 listed , which would make the LX-55 the "flagship" model would it not ?

D

Deleted member 2457

v1c said:
Not come across the weight yet.

Lx91 14.3 kg , Lx71 5.7kg , Lx 52 3.6kg , Lx 53 3.3 kg, Lx 54 3.3kg. Would expect the LX 55 to be 3KG +

Didn't realised the 91 was that heavy ! it's only 4.2 kg less than the SC-lx83 !.

Interesting that both US and Japanese pioneer sites no longer have the 91 listed , which would make the LX-55 the "flagship" model would it not ?

Yeah, the 91 has some seriously quality sound in it. Yeah, i guess it would make the lx-55 the flagship model, be careful mentioning that too much though, they may up the price. Smile. Just tried emailing someone to see if i can find any more info out.

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
That is the good thing about Oppo no other brand can seriously expect to charge more than £499 mid and £899 upper for a BDP any more and expect people to buy them..... that includes any brand you care to mention.

D

Deleted member 2457

I got a response back:

1. A better video processing chip - QDEO from Marvell.

2. Twin hdmi outputs - allowing the BDP-LX55 to more easily act as a quality source for tv and projector systems.

3. High grade audio - 32-bit DAC, high quality power supply and cable and gold-plated hdmi connections.

4. Armoured chassis and aluminium front panel.

So everything that was "cheap and rubbish" about the Pioneer LX52-54 - looks like it has been improved, also expected to be heavier.

A

Anonymous

Great info. I was not sure whether the 440 had QDEO upscaling too.

And although I don't think the Gold HDMI connections will make any difference, but for the difference in cost it would be the 55 for me I think.

Thnx

manicm

v1c said:
BDP's

BDP 140

24631.jpg

BDP 440

24632.jpg

BDP LX55

24633.jpg

Where did you find this info if I may ask? (Could not find UK web info). They do look awfully tasty. Might save up for top dog LX55.

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
It will be very interesting to see what the new SC75/85 deliver just realised that the B&O ICE has been replaced with new IR DirectFET Digital Amplification. Along with this statement on Frank Harvey Blog........

"Pioneer have released details of the successors to their SCLX73 and SCLX83. Pioneer have missed out the 73 and 74 as they feel the improvement over the *3′s is sufficient to call them *5′s."

Replacing B&O ICE and a "sufficient" improvement to skip a number, anticipation level has just rapidly increased....... really hope it's not a let down.

RickyDeg

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
v1c said:
It will be very interesting to see what the new SC75/85 deliver just realised that the B&O ICE has been replaced with new IR DirectFET Digital Amplification. Along with this statement on Frank Harvey Blog........

"Pioneer have released details of the successors to their SCLX73 and SCLX83. Pioneer have missed out the 73 and 74 as they feel the improvement over the *3′s is sufficient to call them *5′s."

Replacing B&O ICE and a "sufficient" improvement to skip a number, anticipation level has just rapidly increased....... really hope it's not a let down.

I was just about to post that myself this very regard. I been a Denon fan for a very long time but just recently been keen on upgrading to SC-LX83 just in order to get the ICE amplification, PQLS, 32-bit DAC etc to go along with my brand new Monitor Audio Apex speakersystem (brilliant, BTW). But then I thought it best to wait til this fall for the replacements, not even considering the fact that Pioneer would suddenly ditch the ICE technology, but it looks like they will. Darn if they skimp on soundquality and performance cause of this! Hard to believe, but you never know.

Perhaps I should grab hold of one of the last remaining SC-LX83's that are still around.....? But then again, who knows is the SC-LX85 will infact be better, performance wise.

Aaargh! Decisions! Decisions!
smiley-wink.gif

A

Anonymous

So the new Pioneer High-end Line-up is official !
From the press site of the Pioneer Europe site.

Source: Discover our new high-end AV receivers - Pioneer Europe

----

Today we unveil our top of the line AV receivers: the SC-LX85, SC-LX75, VSX-LX55 and VSX-2021. All four are beautifully built products that recreate audio as close to the studio source as possible. All four are exceptionally well equipped with a host of features and benefits.

The top of the range SC-LX85 and SC-LX75 have a number of features that are unique:

* They integrate our highly efficient Direct Energy HD amplifiers built on Class D technology. Building on experience gained from more than 4 generations of audiophile Class D implementations, our new and latest platform delivers overwhelming power free from any distortion: an amazing true multi-channel continuous power output of 810 watts over 9 channels in the SC-LX85 and 720 watts over 9 channels in the SC-LX75. The SC-LX85 can for example be used in up to 10 different channel assignment patterns, and in each case the Direct Energy HD Amplifiers drive all channels with equally high power output. The patterns include one with a 9 channel set-up in one single room while another, totally different, lets you listen to 5 channels in one room, and stereo sound in 2 other rooms - all at the same time.

* The Direct Energy HD design has earned the coveted THX Ultra 2 Plus (SC-LX85) / THX select 2 Plus (SC-LX75, VSX-LX55 and VSX-2021) certification. Additional certification for the SC-LX85 and SC-LX75 also comes from the world renowned AIR Studios. Its engineers have been actively involved in the tuning of the AV receivers to assure the recreation of the studio experience in the home.

* Hi-bit 32 and hi-sampling audio processing in the SC-LX85 and SC-LX75 revives the original sound, smoothing out distortion. A brand new DAC filter in both models, a world first for an AV receiver, lets you enjoy 3 types of sound characters through switching: slow, sharp and short. Connoisseurs will then be able to hear soft and warm, solid and tight and quick and forward music respectively.

VSX-LX55 and remote

VSX-LX55 and remote

All four of our new AV receivers have a whole host of features that put them in the top of their league.

Notable features include:

* Made for iPod/iPhone/iPad - Our AV receivers come with a free USB/video cable for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch that enables fast “plug and play” capability with no optional dock required. This allows you to enjoy playback of audio, video and photos stored on your device(s). A world first for an AV receiver is the full support for iPad, including 2.1A battery charge facility via the USB port.

* Apple AirPlay - With Apple AirPlay, music lovers can easily listen to their music library through their home cinema systems using their home network. AirPlay requires iTunes 10.1 or later running on a Mac or PC, or for streaming from an iPod touch, iPhone or iPad a device running iOS 4.2. Album art and song information can also be displayed on a connected monitor/TV. Our wireless LAN converter (AS-WL300), to simplify the connection, is included for the SC-LX85, SC-LX75 and VSX-LX55 and available as an option for the VSX-2021.

* Air Jam - We are contributing to revolutionise social entertainment with our free Air Jam App, available from the App Store for iPod touch, iPhone and iPad. Used in conjunction with the optional AS-BT200 Bluetooth adapter, up to four devices can be paired via Bluetooth. Once connected, each user can cue songs from their music libraries to create a collective playlist to play back on the AV Receiver. Each connected device will display the list of songs added by all users and the device each song will play from. The Air Jam App conveniently stores the lists of songs created for each session for future purchases from the iTunes Store or looking up related content on YouTube.

* iControlAV2 - Our next generation iControlAV2 App gives you even more control of your home cinema settings. The app enables control of volume, bass, balance and room settings and is further enhanced when used with an iPad, as all four app controls are integrated into an intuitive single screen. Additional features include detailed graphic representations of before and after MCACC room calibration and sound adjustments that let users create their own equaliser settings by simply drawing their desired equaliser curve on the screen. The iControlAV2 App also includes Blu-ray Disc player control when connected to a compatible Pioneer Blu-ray Disc player. The app is available free of charge in the App Store for iPod touch, iPhone and iPad or at Connecting to the iTunes Store..

For a connected home

Our receivers make the best use of the various wireless and network technologies available to quickly access audio contents from personal mobile devices and bring them into the living room environment where they can be shared and enjoyed by everyone. Streaming music content to our new receivers can be done with ease via AirPlay, Bluetooth and/or DLNA.

* DLNA Certified v1.5 - Further expanding on its wireless and networked capabilities, DLNA v1.5 support is standard, allowing a connection to devices with the same feature. Via Ethernet or the AS-WL300 wireless LAN converter (available as an option for the VSX-2021, included for the other models), the AV receivers can access and play high-resolution music (up to 192kHz/24-Bit) from a compatible networked device. Audio can also be streamed and controlled through our AV receiver with a e.g. smartphone that supports UPnP / DLNA media servers and renderers, giving users an entirely new way to share and play their music collection.

* Bluetooth Audio Streaming - With the optional AS-BT200 Bluetooth adapter, the whole range of AV receivers feature wireless Bluetooth transfer of audio content from any A2DP Bluetooth-enabled mobile device or personal computer. Our AS-BT200 Bluetooth Adapter allows you to keep your phone close to you while you enjoy music through your home theatre system. And, with our exclusive Sound Retriever AIR technology, specifically designed to enhance Bluetooth audio transmissions, music delivered through Bluetooth sounds impeccable.

* vTuner - We have integrated vTuner Internet radio for endless music entertainment. With vTuner, you have access to thousands of Internet radio stations around the world. From the on-screen display, you can choose from different music formats, station locations or simply search for specific stations and receive the broadcasts with great reception every time.

SC-LX85 back panel

SC-LX85-backpanel.jpg

SC-LX85 back panel

Ready to create the most advanced home cinema

Our new line-up of AV receivers is ready for advanced Home Cinema. Each model features HDMI (v1.4a with 3D and ARC) connectivity. As such they are ready to pass 3D content from a 3D Blu-ray Disc player or 3D cable or satellite broadcast to any compatible display. Audio Return Channel (ARC) enables to send to the AV receiver audio signals, e.g. from a TV program, from a compatible TV over the same HDMI cable used for transferring content to the TV. For those who intend to periodically use the built-in speakers of their televisions, our line-up includes an HDMI Standby Through feature. This passes audio and video from a set top box through the AV receivers without the need to turn on the component.

Our AV receivers are also packed with proprietary audio enhancement and room calibration technologies that elevate the sound quality experience:

* Phase Control Technology - The systems also include our Phase Control Technology to overcome phase lag between channels and significantly improve multi-channel sound. Moreover, the Full Band Phase Control compensates for phase shifting that occurs in multi-channel speaker networks. It ensures audio arrives at the listening position in perfect synchronisation. Phase Control Plus makes it possible for you to extend phase shift compensation to the actual content: higher quality multi-channel audio, with a more solid and robust sound and improved total frequency balance, can be enjoyed by correcting LFE delays that may have been induced by low-pass filtering the content during the encoding process.

* Auto Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration (MCACC) - Our celebrated Advanced Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration (MCACC) operates in the same way as a professional sound stage, enabling you to automatically adjust speaker set-ups and fine-tune your system to the unique dynamics of your space for outstanding performance.

* HD Audio Formats Decoding - All of our new AV receivers are equipped to decode all mainstream HD audio formats, including DTS-HD Master Audio and DTS Neo X (SC-LX85 and SC-LX75), as well as Dolby TrueHD and Dolby ProLogic IIz.

* Virtual Depth - In addition to our original Virtual Surround Back (sound field between the surround speakers) and Virtual Height (sound field over the front speakers) processing, these new models now add Virtual Depth, creating a sound field that is ideally matching 3D pictures through a virtual deep sound field stretching behind the display.

* Our Precision Quartz Lock System - PQLS is standard on all 4 new models. When used in combination with a compatible Pioneer Blu-ray Disc player connected through HDMI, it eliminates audio distortion caused by timing errors (jitter), resulting in playback with dynamic sound quality.

* Advanced Sound Retriever - The pursuit of audio precision is also evident in technology that revitalises compressed audio. The Advanced Sound Retriever (ASR) compensates the quality of lossy compressed audio such as MP3, AAC or WMA and conventional multi-channel soundtracks such as Dolby Digital or DTS. Our original technology works with any compressed digital sound source (portable audio and disc players, digital broadcast sources, etc) to return depth and vibrancy to audio lost in compression. Similar benefits are achieved by Sound Retriever AIR, the first quality improvement technology for Bluetooth which restores sound pressure and density while significantly reducing transmission noise. Auto Sound Retriever automatically optimises the ASR algorithms to best match the compression level (bit rate) of the source signal and is especially effective for improving the sound when switching between internet radio stations with different bit-rates.

* Auto Level Control - ALC technology ensures consistent listening from all entertainment sources by compensating for fluctuating volume levels across digital audio tracks, television channels and commercials that can cause unexpected disruptions to the entertainment experience.

Video performance

VSX-2021 and remote

VSX-2021 and remote

Resolution of 1080p true 24-frames per second is complemented by 36-bit HDMI Deep Colour support for cinema experiences of stunning depth and clarity. A powerful video upscaler is included to automatically up-rate standard definition video to 1080p. Compatibility with HDMI version 1.4a ensures that 3D content from broadcasting, games to home cinema can be processed with resolutions of up to 1080p.

Triple HD video Noise reduction and extensive video parameter settings further guarantee that even the most demanding video aficionado will be pleased.

* Advanced Video Adjust – Smartly using the information accessible from displays connected via HDMI, video signals are optimised according to the connected display type, such as plasma display panel, LCD or projector. Further integrating also the distance data acquired through the MCACC measurements, it automatically adjusts the image in function of the users seating position, through automatic viewing-distance optimised adjustment of the picture enhancement and noise reduction parameters.

* Stream Smoother - The presence of highly compressed (lower bit-rate) video content is increasing e.g. through the popularisation of on-line content sources. To offer you a better viewing experience Stream Smoother typically reduces compression noise and realises more fine detailed images.

Our AV Receiver - Blu-ray Disc player Smart Link benefits

In addition to our already mentioned original PQLS jitterless audio transmission, users owning our new SC-LX85 or SC-LX75 AV Receiver and one of our soon to be released new generation Blu-ray Disc players will have 2 more benefits.

* Stream Smoother Link (video) (SC-LX85 and SC-LX75) - When lower bit-rate video (e.g. from online sources) is played from one of our new generation Blu-ray Disc players connected via HDMI, the AV Receiver will not only receive the decoded video data, but also have access to information on the original file format. Using this info, the Stream Smoother engine will be optimised for the best enriched image quality for that file.

* Sound Retriever Link (audio) (SC-LX85 and SC-LX75) - When lossy compressed MP3/WMA/AAC music files are played from one of our new generation Blu-ray Disc players connected via HDMI, the AV Receiver will not only receive the decoded audio data, but also have access to information on the original file format. Using this info, the Sound Retriever engine will be optimised for the best enriched sound quality for that file.

AVNavigator to make set up easy

Each AV receiver features the new AVNavigator setup software application. Designed to simplify the physical and software setup of the AV receiver, AVNavigator is a suite of PC applications, consisting of two key applications, Wiring Navi and the Interactive Manual.

* Wiring Navi - You simply answer a series of questions about the hardware connected to the system and then the application will automatically update the AV receiver with all of the correct settings, after guiding the user in making the actual connections.

* Interactive Manual - Once the AV receiver is connected using the Wiring Navi set up, the Interactive Manual application provides a linked two-way interactive manual giving you a way to quickly learn about all of the new features of the AV receiver (i.e. a push of the PHASE CTRL button on the front of the AV receiver will take you directly to the portion of the manual that explains the Phase Control feature). Alternately, you can click on a section of the owner’s manual and the feature of the AV receiver will automatically activate (i.e. when the user clicks on the FL Dimmer section of the owner’s manual, the Front Panel Display of the AV receiver will dim).

Availability

The VSX-LX55 and VSX-2021 will be available from July 2011 from our retail network.
The SC-LX85 and SC-LX75 and will be on sale from September.

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
You just beat me to it.....

Well all i can say is can't wait to hear some real feedbaback on these they certainly sound like Pioneer have upped the game.

A

Anonymous

v1c said:
You just beat me to it.....

Well all i can say is can't wait to hear some real feedbaback on these they certainly sound like Pioneer have upped the game.

hihi ;)

Yes I am looking forward too it! I can't wait until I can listen to the SC-LX85, especially because I liked the SC-LX83 already very much in the store. But I decided to wait until the new one is ready because I am looking forward to the 9.1 amplifier with 11.2 pre-outs, to have the capability to bi-amp my speakers and still remain the 7.1 speaker set-up capability :)

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
v1c said:

Honestly? they'll be saying that the volume goes up to "11" next
smiley-wink.gif

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
DandyCobalt said:
v1c said:

Honestly? they'll be saying that the volume goes up to "11" next
smiley-wink.gif

Dandy not my quote specifically but from Frank Harvey's blog.... i'd like to think they not just making it up.

Looking at the above spec it appears that the rather bold claim is substantiated and elevates it above just marketing hype.

But as always the proof will be in the pudding so we will have to wait and see won't we.
smiley-laughing.gif

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Pioneer VSX S300

100000605_1.jpg

Features of the Pioneer VSX-S300 (overview) [*] Av-Receiver in Slimlinedesign [*] MCACC [*] Bluetooth ready (with optional Adapter AS-BT200) [/list] Technical Data of the Pioneer VSX-S300 Audio

Video

Special features 6 x 100 watts (1kHz, 4 ohms)
Dolby TrueHD, Dolby ProLogicIIz, Dolby Digital
dts-HD Master Audio, DTS 96/24
MCACC
Phase Control
Advanced Sound Retriever (2ch.)
Advanced Sound Retriever AIR (for Bluetooth streaming)

HDMI ver 1.4a supports 3D & ARC (Audio Return Channel)
HDMI Repeater (4 Inputs/ 1 Outputs)
HDMI Standby-trough
HDMI Control (CEC)
On Screen Display (OSD)
Remotecontrol

Bluetooth ready (with optionalem Adapter AS-BT200)
Front Audio In

johnjay

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
does the twin HDMI output on the BDP-LX55 mean we can bitstream HD audio to an AVR HDMI 1.3 & picture to the 3DTV?That would be great after spending £1000+ on an AVR 15mths ago....

johnjay

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
gel said:
I got a response back:

1. A better video processing chip - QDEO from Marvell.

2. Twin hdmi outputs - allowing the BDP-LX55 to more easily act as a quality source for tv and projector systems.

3. High grade audio - 32-bit DAC, high quality power supply and cable and gold-plated hdmi connections.

4. Armoured chassis and aluminium front panel.

So everything that was "cheap and rubbish" about the Pioneer LX52-54 - looks like it has been improved, also expected to be heavier.
Ive had the BDP-LX52 for a while now theres nothing "cheap & rubbish" about it.Oh wait i forgot having to wait an extra 30 seconds for a near perfect picture,yeah right.I know the '54 has had inexcusable problems,but not so with the '52,but i'm sure the upcoming players will be welcome by most.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts