Pioneer 2011

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
michael hoy said:
v1c said:

Pioneer Elite BDP-53FD (LX55) referred to as "Flagship"

Looking at the picture Gel has posted it does not look "Flagship" to me.

No SACD only optical out no coax, I think Pioneer could do better unless they plan a higher spec model to match the Oppo or Denon 2012.

Unfortunately Michael the you tube Cedia pioneer booth 2011 wasn't able to be linked but it quite clearly stated "Flagship" for the FD53.

All three players 140, 440 and LX55 are SACD capable and the 440 and LX55 are DVD-Audio capable as well.

johnjay

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Gel,that link was really informative,as it showed all possible HDMI set-ups.Thanks.Also tinitus,your sub-out explanation was more or less substantiated by gels panasonic link,thanks also.So it looks us folks who forked out for a DTS-HD,TRUEhd AVR,can expect the bdp-lx55 to do the trick with sending lossless codecs to our AVRs.Iagree its definately not flagship looking,but it looks like a nice medium range player & best of all its an all pioneer manufactured unit,(afaik).Cheers guys,thanks again-jj

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
According to Chris Walker Pioneer Electronics the weight of the 53FD (lX55 Europe) is 7.71lbs (3.5KG).

Also this could be the 32bit DAC in the 55 :-

AK4480 32-Bit 192khz DAC.

Again according to Chris Walker this is the DAC in the new N30/50 network players it's not necessarily the DAC in the BDP player but a good chance i think.

Someone with more knowleadge on DAC's would need to say at what performance level it's sits at because i don't know.

Amadeus1756

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Lovely - I was hoping it was going to get a good review. I am looking to buy an amp with some style speakers (i.e. small). I understand that Pioneer AV amps don't match well with B&W MT30 - I'm hoping they match well with the forthcoming replacements for the MT30 else I don't know what I'll do!

:?

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Amadeus1756 said:
Lovely - I was hoping it was going to get a good review. I am looking to buy an amp with some style speakers (i.e. small). I understand that Pioneer AV amps don't match well with B&W MT30 - I'm hoping they match well with the forthcoming replacements for the MT30 else I don't know what I'll do!

:?

Can't say i've heard about matching issues with B&W MT30 and Pioneer AV Amps. Either way whether the matching issue exists or not is irelevant to the new Pioneer range as they are a completley new breed boardering on revolution rather than evolution i would suggest you seek some dealer advice about matching speakers there are loads of good alternatives to the B & W's as well , although i can see the appeal of the B & W's they are rather nice.

Amadeus1756

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I'll probably wait until after Christmas when hopefully there will be discounts available on the LX85. The new B&W's should hopefully be out by then as well so I can consider/audition those, as well as similar others.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Absolutely no issue here with B&W / Pioneer combination. It sounds so good I have started listening to CD's again rather than 'making do' with ripped music from the PC.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

Amadeus1756

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Cofnchtr said:
Hi,

Absolutely no issue here with B&W / Pioneer combination. It sounds so good I have started listening to CD's again rather than 'making do' with ripped music from the PC.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

Which speakers do you have? I wonder if it's just an issue with MT25/MT30's? Obviously I'll audition before I buy but always interested in others opinions.

rgds

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts