Pioneer 2011

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
The range is midmarket so our range equivolent at the moment would be VSX 420,520,820,920,1020.

Also interesting that when looking at the Blu-ray players on the US site there is no equivolent higher than our current LX54 !

New high end player on the way ? or no market for high end player in US ?

Can't help with the CAPS

michael hoy

v1c said:
The range is midmarket so our range equivolent at the moment would be VSX 420,520,820,920,1020.

Also interesting that when looking at the Blu-ray players on the US site there is no equivolent higher than our current LX54 !

New high end player on the way ? or no market for high end player in US ?

Can't help with the CAPS

Thanks for the reply, I thought by looking at them it did not match the LX series.

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
It's Pioneer SC-LX85 , 75 for 2011 then.

24617.jpg

Also VSX LX55

Info on the 85

The new Pioneer SC-LX85 AV Receiver is perfect for consumers looking for a complete home theatre AV control centre that sets the standard for wireless integration.
The new Pioneer SCLX85 Offers comprehensive control of new and forward-looking portable media devices like iPod touch, iPhone and iPad, these receivers completely complement today's consumer lifestyle. With fully wireless ready integration, consumers can take full advantage of available PC and internet content, while getting closer than ever to what the artist originally intended.

The Pioneer SC LX85 is compatible with the new completely redesigned remote control app for the iPhone, iPod Touch and now iPad. Improvements include a comprehensive front page layout, iPad rotation, DLNA & vTuner control, new exciting Finger EQ, and Pioneer compatible Blu-Ray Disc player control. iControlAV2 is free to download now from the App Store

As the centre of your home entertainment universe, the Pioneer SC LX85 access to stored music content through your home network from a network connected PC, HD, Smartphone or Tablet. DLNA is also possible wirelessly with the purchase of the optional Pioneer AS-WL300 Wireless Adaptor.

With AirPlay you can stream music from iTunes to the SClX85 and above and play it through your Home Theatre system. You can even use the Receiver to view metadata including song title, artist as well as album art on a connected display. With Pioneer's Receiver compatible with AirPlay, you can easily enjoy your iTunes music in any room in the house.

The new Pioneer SC-LX85 AV Receiver offers vTuner Internet Radio convenience to easily access tens of thousands of web-based radio stations from all over the world. A number of stations are now broadcasting in higher bit-rates to offer users much higher quality than mainstream AM, FM and DAB stations

The Pioneer SC-LX 85 AV Home Cinema Receiver comes fully ready for the connection of your Apple devices including iPad. All models come with a supplied USB/Video cable for battery charging, out of the box plug and play of audio, video and photo content residing on an Apple device as well as playback of YouTube and other popular online services.

The new iControlAV2 App from Pioneer is built on the success of the original app, iControlAV2 has been redesigned from the ground up to let you use your iPhone®, iPod touch® and now your iPad® as an advanced control centre for the Pioneer SCLX85 AV Receiver.

• 32-Bit Hi-Bit Process / 96 KHz Hi-Sampling
  • 190w Per Channel (810w Simultaneous)
  • 7.1 Multi-Channel Input
  • Component Video Zone 2 Output
  • RF Remote Included (OEL Display)
  • THX Ultra 2 Plus Certification
  • Precision Distance Setup
  • 11.1 Channel Pre-Outs
  • Aluminium Front Panel
  • IR DirectFET Digital Amplification
  • 9-Channel Amplifier
  • Air Studios Tuned
  • DTS Neo X
  • 32-Bit DAC
  • Bluetooth Ready (Via AS-BT200)
  • iPod Digital USB Connection (Front)
  • iPhone / iPad Compatibility
  • MCACC Advanced Room Calibration
  • Dolby Pro-Logic IIz Speaker Out
  • iControlAV2 Control App
  • AirJam App Via Bluetooth
  • Internet Radio With vTuner

1_pixel_clear.gif
24617_SWATCH.jpg

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
You know, I really like Pioneer's AV kit but the current Apple love-fest is starting to grate, I expect there's zero chance of iControlAV2 appearing on Android for example...

A

Anonymous

The_Lhc said:
You know, I really like Pioneer's AV kit but the current Apple love-fest is starting to grate, I expect there's zero chance of iControlAV2 appearing on Android for example...

I second that

manicm

Seems to me that Pioneer is following the herd, turning its back on its roots. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against Apple or Airplay in any way, but no news of new Blu-ray players. Pioneer seems to be leaving the video side of audio-visual.

A

Anonymous

Does look sexy that picture of the SC-LX85 though, but yes I would like to see some new blu ray players with PQLS feature.

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm not saying i wouldn't welcome new Blu ray players but the LX 54 and 430 aren't exactly......errr....... old are they.

I have seen a reference to a BDP LX-95 however it's a picture of an LX-91 and i've only come across it from one source so not really substantiated.

A

Anonymous

I know what you are saying but I've heard a lot comments of problems on the current pioneer players, but I would like to make use of the PQLS feature on my AVR. I will wait a little longer for a fix or new player.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
v1c said:
I'm not saying i wouldn't welcome new Blu ray players but the LX 54 and 430 aren't exactly......errr....... old are they.

I have seen a reference to a BDP LX-95 however it's a picture of an LX-91 and i've only come across it from one source so not really substantiated.

Ignore that - by a particular (remaining namelss) retailer by any chance? He always does it, and most of the time he's wrong. I was with the Pioneer rep earlier this week going over the new models, and there are no plans at all to replace the BDPLX91 at all, nor even the SCLX90 Susano for the time being.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The new receivers, along with the VSXS300 slimline receiver will be July, the SCLX receivers will be September along with the VSXS500 slimline receiver. Bluray players to match with the new look will follow from September onwards.
Most products will be iControlAV2 compatible.

manicm

v1c said:

Well it doesn't help that in my country the LX53 is not available/marketed, nevermind the LX54. Pioneer need to sort out these issues. The same happened with Panasonic where they are now directly distributing and marketing in my country - their products were not available for about 3 years until this happened.

Pioneer needs to take charge.

D

Deleted member 2457

manicm said:
v1c said:

Well it doesn't help that in my country the LX53 is not available/marketed, nevermind the LX54. Pioneer need to sort out these issues. The same happened with Panasonic where they are now directly distributing and marketing in my country - their products were not available for about 3 years until this happened.

Pioneer needs to take charge.

Hi

Do you still have the Pioneer Bdp-lx71 or 08 available where you are?, i know alot of people are still big fans of these players.

D

Deleted member 2457

The_Lhc said:
gel said:
Do you still have the Pioneer Bdp-lx71 or 08 available where you are?, i know alot of people are still big fans of these players.

Well, you are at any rate...

Big Smile, i would buy another one if i could right now, based on what i have seen from the others and i have been looking about.

D

Deleted member 2457

manicm said:
The LX-71 should still be available, but the cost would rather send me to a newer Denon.

Cool, just a thought for you. Wink

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Loving the look and spec of the new Pioneer gear. The apple cart keeps rolling on picking up all the major brands in the Home Cinema market. The 85 looks like a really flexible receiver. The only missing link being the Spotify capability??

I agree that Pioneer are needing to step up the player side of things.

PQLS- Still cant get it to work on my settup.

John

A

Anonymous

Now that's what I'm takin about!

That BDP LX55 would look the dogs, sat next to my AVR.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts