jellypulp

Jul 2, 2022
Visit site
Hello!

I bought a philips ag9016 and he has modified Chinch - Cable output. Could I connect it with my Turtable?
Or how. could I doo it? Because I saw a lot of Youtube Videos, where People where listening with Turntables.

Thanks for the Help and your Time :)

Felix

This is a very vintage (old) tube amp with what looks like a DIN tape input. That was probably the only source back then, along with a high output ceramic or crystal pickup cartridges. https://www.vintagechief.com/philips-ag9016-tube-amplifier-20629

A modern MM phono preamp will be necessary, or a turntable with a built-in phono stage. Phono to DIN connections are available, but I’m unsure how original your Philips is. Photos please!

Gray

In pictures I saw of the back of the amp, one seemed to have a 5-pin DIN only and others had been variously modified with RCA chassis sockets and adaptors.

As @nopiano says, more details of your specific amp are needed.
(A good, clear picture of amp back and front plus anything you know about the type of input(s)......though you're unlikely to have been given an instruction manual).

jellypulp

Jul 2, 2022
Visit site
Hello thanks for the kind answers :)

the amp has in one of the 3 a modified cable that has chinch cables at the end. I dont have a photo atm.
So if i buy a mm phono pre amp, i could connect the chinch with the pre amp? That would work?

greets

felix

the amp has in one of the 3 a modified cable that has chinch cables at the end. I dont have a photo atm.
So if i buy a mm phono pre amp, i could connect the chinch with the pre amp? That would work?

greets

felix
Cinch plug is a generic term to me, so I still have no idea what sockets you have. Have a look at this article. Look down to the socket pictures. You need a left and right input socket. If you have them, are they connected to the tape input?

jellypulp

Jul 2, 2022
Visit site
Cinch plug is a generic term to me, so I still have no idea what sockets you have. Have a look at this article. Look down to the socket pictures. You need a left and right input socket. If you have them, are they connected to the tape input?

yes, it has the red and the white one, but i dont know if its on the tape input. But i have also a Chinch to Din cable, that woule fit on the back.

Gray

greets

felix
It would help you (and us) to know what your 3(?) inputs actually are.
It's possible that your turntable could plug in directly - but even then, a separate preamp might be a better option.
See if you can come up with clear back/ front photos of your amp (showing any modified connectors).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts