Philips 40 9705 and Freeview HD

Miker

Jul 26, 2007
Visit site
I'm still hankering after the Philips 9705 but realise that I will have to shell out a further £300 for a Freeview HD box. Has any one experience of viewing HD through a Freeview box rather than the TV, and how does the picture compare to using the TV tuner? Also, do the Freeview boxes switch automatically between SD and HD without the viewer having to do antthing?

Thanks for your replies.

jcshutts

Mar 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi Miker, I have the 46 in this range and use Sky as an alternative to a freeview box. It shows HD and SD without any changes to the settings and actually I am chuffed to bits with the SD images. I always thought it would be really poor but once I played around with the settings the picture is excellent. It is a shame the TV doesn't have freeview HD but I can live with that being a Sky subscriber. I suspect I will be looking for a Blu-ray 3D player in due course and will most likely have a HD freeview built in.

A

Anonymous

Miker:
I'm still hankering after the Philips 9705 but realise that I will have to shell out a further £300 for a Freeview HD box. Has any one experience of viewing HD through a Freeview box rather than the TV, and how does the picture compare to using the TV tuner? Also, do the Freeview boxes switch automatically between SD and HD without the viewer having to do antthing?

Thanks for your replies.

you could get a sat dish installed, i believe that costs around £100 including dish, and get a hd freesat box, like the humax foxsat, around £250 including cabling all in, and freesat picture quality is said to be slightly better than freeview..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts