KODI and watching films on cinema screen

grahamboyd

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

My local library has stopped hiring blu ray discs as very few people were using them. Therefore my film source is lost. If I buy
JUSTOP ® Quad Core Android TV Box 4.4 Kitkat KODI TV Box MXQ Full HD KODI XBMC Fully Loaded Internet Streamer Built-In 3D Engine 802.11n Wi-Fi (MX-Q) Will I be able to stream films? I have a cinema screen connected to a surround sound amplifier - I am not up on these boxes much but I want the picture to be as good - 1080 lines and also the sound to be 5.1 as I have the five speaker system - will this box allow me to do this. Many Thanks

jjbomber

grahamboyd said:
Hi,

Will I be able to stream films? - will this box allow me to do this. Many Thanks

As long as the upload is in 5.1 then you'll be fine. Similarly with 1080HD and even 3D.

You can use Kodi on a PC, laptop or movibe phone if you want to try before you buy.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Amend the title to include the word 'KODI' and forum member daveh75 will be along to advise on the kit you listed.

I know he was warning people about some KODI kit sold on ebay but I can't remember what he said.

daveh75

I'll point you to my 'boilerplate' with regards to buying 'Fully Loaded' Kodi boxes.

http://www.whathifi.com/comment/993040#comment-993040

And add Kodi is awesome, but it isn't intended for 'end users' i.e it isn't an Apple TV, Chromecast or Roku etc IMO. It's 'hobbyist' s/w and you need to be prepared to maintain it.

if you haven't the time or inclination to research what Kodi is and capable of, or how to install and configure it for yourself then you should probably avoid it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts