how to internet enable and lan my home cinema??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi, im in the middle of planning out my new home cinema, i have bought kef 5005.2's and a yamaha rx-v1067 which i believe is networkable, the tv i plan to buy is a samsung ps51d6900, im going to run the ps3 as the bd player and with a software update i think supports 3d anyway.

how would i network these items i can run 3 cat6 lan cables from my router which is easy enough or

buy 3 hdmi v1.4 ethernet enabled cables with 1 lan cable

or just do both to future proof, as its not much extra expense or work?

which method would be the most user friendly and fastest connection up to the router?

i will be allowing the rxv1067 to read my media library on a second base unit kept in the cupboard with the router for music and films.

also a lot of iplayer hd will be streamed with possibly love film after a trial period.

i like the feature of the virtual control of the amp through the computer so may play with that but not sure if its just a benefit for setup,

i dont have sky.

cheers martin

A

Anonymous

You don't need cat6 nework cabling, cat5e is more than sufficient. To network you'd connect the TV, AVR and PS3 to the router LAN ports. You still need HDMI cabling between the PS3 and AVR and the AVR and TV regardless.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Why would he want either of those? They're distribution devices, he just wants to connect his equipment to his local network, ethernet cables are all that are required.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts