Watching in 5.1

grahamboyd

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
I have a cinema system and use a Sony Blu Ray Player which gives great 1080 picture and 5.1 sound. However I want to make use of streaming as well as Blu rays (cost and storage).

I bought a Droibox Smart Android TV box. I connected it into back of AV amplifier and selected KODi. Trying film picture was great when in 1080 but frustratingly vast majority of streamed films are in stereo only, Some that said 5.1 only played in stereo.

I really want 5.1 - if I subscribe say to netflicks would I get box sets and films on 5.1 that way? Additionally I have read a Blu Ray player can be used for streaming - does that mean you can connect the Andoid box to your play ray player (guess there must be an HDMI input if this was to work).

Basically I want 5.1 sound on films / box sets through streaming on my cinema system. Kodo would be ideal but if its with netflicks and have to subscribe so be it.

Confused as you may guess. Any simple explanation much appreciated

Thanks

jjbomber

grahamboyd said:
I have a cinema system and use a Sony Blu Ray Player which gives great 1080 picture and 5.1 sound.

I bought a Droibox Smart Android TV box. I connected it into back of AV amplifier and selected KODi. Trying film picture was great when in 1080 but frustratingly vast majority of streamed films are in stereo only, Some that said 5.1 only played in stereo.

Kodo would be ideal but if its with netflicks and have to subscribe so be it.

A very simple explanation is that films you get for free will not be as good as films you pay for. With Kodi you are relying on someone to use a lot of their own bandwidth to upload something in 5.1 compared to stereo. Most won't do that. If you want quality, you have to pay for it.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Don't know about the UK but here in the US subscription services like Amazon Prime, Netflix, HBO Now / Go and Hulu stream in 1080, 5.1. You might need to push the signal through an AVR though, as sometimes there's a visible / audible delay in processing the sound.

super

Apr 7, 2009
Visit site
Have you checked the settings on your box ? As well as the settings on the box to receive 5:1 you also have to go in the settings in for kodi and do the same. I have an android box and had a few in 5:1 but not many at all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts