admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi. I'm trying to connect my laptop to a samsung LCD tv.  I have a VGA and audio cable.  When connected the TV is picking up something on the pc stereo source (as it doesn't display the no signal icon) but it just shows a black screen.  When the graphics output is changed from notebook to monitor on the laptop the tv displays a not supported icon, I'm guessing thats because it isn't a monitor.  The TV clearly supports a computer input as there is a VGA port on the back which says PC in above it.  Do I need to change any settings on the laptop to set it up?

Messiah

Well I managed to get my Laptop to play through a VGA lead on my Samsung TV. It was just a case of sorting out the number 2 monitor in the Display Settings. (Right click desktop/properties/settings) Can't quite remember what I adjusted exactly but it definitely worked...

A

Anonymous

Any chance you could be a bit more specific? ÿThe settings section allows me to change the screen resolution and there are loads more options in advanced but they don't seem to relate to what you suggested.

Messiah

It's hard to be more specific without going through the process which I cannot do at the mo....

Have you clicked on Monitor 2 and then ticked the box 'Extend my desktop to this monitor' (or similar)

A

Anonymous

I cannot find anywhere to click on monitor 2 in settings.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
You might need to make sure you laptop is outputting at the correct resolution and refresh rate for your TV - the not supported icon might indicate it's receiving a signal it can't display.
What's the model of your TV? Have a look on the Samsung website for the model and it should tell you the resolution it can display. Set the resolution of the laptop to match this for the monitor output and, assuming you are in the UK, choose 50Hz as the refresh rate (60Hz might work but 50Hz is a safer bet for the moment).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts