PC set up issue?

Oldskool1976

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi all

Got a question or two for you clever guys and gals out there!

Current set up is PC->Aune X1 DAC->Nad C320Bee (Main in input, nothing else seems to work)->Dali Zensor 1.

The issue Im having is when the Aune is being used with Pre line out selected, one channel is quieter/muddier then the other.

It took me another set of speakers/speaker wire/amp (Also plenty time messing with Musicbee) to narrow it down to the Aune.

However if I select the Line out on the Aune the problem is gone, but this means not being able to control the Nad via the Aune and having to set everything on my PC/Music bee sliders to low.

Also if I forget to adjust the volume, for example in a game, like the other night (early morning!!) when me and a friend both sat in horror as "EA Sports its in the game" blasted at ear screeching decibels..........

:O

My friend suggested that this could be putting the nad under alot of strain running this way????

Any ideas and help would be apreciated!

P.S: If anyone is thinking of running a similar set up...Do It!!! Everyone whos passed through (Theres been a fair few!) who have heard my budget PC/Hi-fi set up has left very impressed!

P.P.S HELP!!

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Oldskool1976 said:
Nad C320Bee (Main in input, nothing else seems to work)
What do you mean by this? Are the bridges missing between the pre out & main in terminals? If so just replace them with short phono leads.

PB290684.jpg

Nad can probably supply replacements.

As OD said, the fault is with the DAC but sort the bridges out & you can use the pre-amp in the NAD to control volume.

Oldskool1976

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys!!

:p

Crocodile many many thanks mate, just used some old phono leads to plug up the mains/pre and now using the aux input on tha Nad!

Works perfect now, with the Nad volume controlling all, even the tone defeat works now!

Once again thanks!

:)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts