I'm considering buying a pathos TT integrated hybrid amplifier. It's a massive beast and just fits in my hifi rack with one centimetre to spare under the upper shelf.

is this enough room or will it heat up too much?

ill be powering. Some Celestion ditton 66 speakers, is this a good amp for them?

paulkebab

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
the only advice I can give is leave clearance as recommended by Pathos - I did with mine and it definitely needs that clearance for air circulation. The Pathos might be better than a 'regular' amp at dumping the heat due to the more open design but I don't think a tube amp can have too much clearance. Fabulous looking amp, I can't advise on any kit to partner with it but good luck with your installation.

Adam Barlow said:
I'm considering buying a pathos TT integrated hybrid amplifier. It's a massive beast and just fits in my hifi rack with one centimetre to spare under the upper shelf.

is this enough room or will it heat up too much?

ill be powering. Some Celestion ditton 66 speakers, is this a good amp for them?

In my opinion you need more space. All valve amps generate a fair amount of heat and are better placed on their own support and not in a rack unless, like mine, you can specify leg length to give sufficient clearances. EDIT: having just seen the design of this amp I change my opinion that it should be fine in your rack.

The Ditton on 66's are efficient enough to be driven quite nicely by this amp.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
From memory the Celestion Ditton 66s were (are?) 4 - 8 ohm designs, the configuration of the Pathos TT makes it unsuited for 4 ohm loads, so much so that they a reluctant to specify an output into an impedance lower than ohms.

Hoprfully this is something you have checked out and are aware of.

davedotco said:
From memory the Celestion Ditton 66s were (are?) 4 - 8 ohm designs, the configuration of the Pathos TT makes it unsuited for 4 ohm loads, so much so that they a reluctant to specify an output into an impedance lower than ohms.

Hoprfully this is something you have checked out and are aware of.

I missed that. Well noted Dave.

TRENDING THREADS