Paradigm Seismic 110 Sub

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone heard (or own) this little sub?

I got to hear this "Rottweiler" of a Sub a while back, and it made a lasting impression.
It seems improbable that such a small looking little device, could sound so impressive.

It is comfortably better than the PV1 (but it is dearer) and knocks the Velodyne spl 800 ultra off top spot for me.

If one was in the market for a quality sub, where space was at an absolute premium and the price wasn't an issue, this is a must audition.
There's no doubt that without hearing it, you wouldn't give it a second glance

Interested in any views on it.

Cheers

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
It is a beast of a sub and good to see it mentioned here. It is one of our best selling subwoofers and indeed it does out perform the PV1. We had the good fortune to put the Seismic head to head with the PV1 a few weeks back. Close as the contest is the PV1 couldnt keep up with the really deep or really fast bass - this is with the Room EQ working on the Paradigm. I used several different tests but the first bomb from The Hurt Locker really stood out with real impact and control as the bass sweeps down to the low frequencies.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
TheHomeCinemaCentre said:
It is a beast of a sub and good to see it mentioned here. It is one of our best selling subwoofers and indeed it does out perform the PV1. We had the good fortune to put the Seismic head to head with the PV1 a few weeks back. Close as the contest is the PV1 couldnt keep up with the really deep or really fast bass - this is with the Room EQ working on the Paradigm. I used several different tests but the first bomb from The Hurt Locker really stood out with real impact and control as the bass sweeps down to the low frequencies.

Thank you for your reply.

It's nice to have ones opinion validated from time to time.

I like to try and bring interesting products that I've heard, to the attention of the forum - especially those you seldom see mentioned.

If dealers do it, they get accused of pedalling their wares!

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I heard the seismic at the Manchester show last year and was very impressed. There is some major excursion on the drivers. I felt it was comfortably better than my friend's PV1, altho I imagine he hasn't set his sub up as well as Paradigm's distributor!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts