panna TX-P42G10 OR 42X10

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Looking at these TV’s for my lounge

Panasonic TX-P42G10
Panasonic TX-P42X10

Both have 5 * reviews but ive seen some threads regarding some issues with the 42G10 I.E flickering & some banding issues.

Is this issue fixed with a firmware upgrade?

I may just go for the X10, its only HD ready but I will only be using this with Sky+ & maybe a blue ray player soon.

Any help would be great.

A

Anonymous

Would have to be the G10, it's 1080p, and has Freesat

I've had mine a week, it has blown me away!

A

Anonymous

Aparently, if you're not a major HD user then HD Ready can be a benefit (according to another thread) as there is less work to do when upscaling SD into the lower resolution HD [ready].

Less processing / less work means less opportunity for issues to creep in.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Granted, but I still think the SD freeview picture is very good on the G10. It has discernable advantages over the X10 beyond the intergated freesat tuner and the fact that it's a 1080p screen -- the NeoPDP panel on the G10 produces a much higher contrast ratio than the panel used for the X10, meaning pictures are sharper and have more punch, though still retain a natural colour balance. When watching Blu Rays, I think you will always have that nagging doubt about getting the optimum from your source material if you opt for the X10. 1080p is the future. For now at least!

A

Anonymous

hi

thanks for the info, tempted with the G10 but seen some forums on the G10 with flicering issues

has anyone seen these?

A

Anonymous

Hi Seanie

As far as i have fully tested the G10, i have not once seen this flicker problem you have described, in all fairness, the G10 is the best selling 42" from Panasonic this year.

In regards to what kind of set up you are having or have got in your home, the X10 is a great tv if you want the best picture from standard definition like your Sky+ but saying that even Blu Ray images look superb too. So the choice is that if you want a great standard def picture if thats what your going to be watching the most, then the X10 you cant go wrong with but if you might have Sky+ HD and even a Blu Ray player, the G10 is a great investment.

I hope this helps.

Regards> M

A

Anonymous

ive read heaps of stuff online regarding the g10 , (i have the 46inch) and ive not heard of a problem with "flickering" id be interested in reading about it though ...

A

Anonymous

cheers guys

my main source will be sky +, thinking about HD but cannot justify the subscription, so another twist

if i bin sky+ & get the foxsat HD PVR box, would the G10 be best or the X10?

The issues with flickering is over at another site

off the cuff... looking at also getting the panny tx-l32g10 for the kitchen for freesat, is this TV any good, dont see a review here yet.

A

Anonymous

well maybe the humax doing the upscaling of its freesat would be slightly better than the g10s scaler doing it from the g10s freesat tuner , the only other advantage would be being able to record tv , but your paying £300 for those small benefits , maybe worth spending if you opt for the x10 , as it doesnt have freesat , but it seems like a waste with the freesat equipped g10 ...

A

Anonymous

If you decided to finish with Sky+ and go with a free to air option like the Humax Foxsat HD PVR box, the X10 Panasonic would still look brilliant aswell as the G10, what you got to ask yourself is that if you are going to watch more HD than Standard def, like having Freesat and Blu Ray or even Sky+ HD, then its better to go for the G10 but if you are going to watch a bit of HD here and there and mostly SD, then the X10 is a cracking buy.

Regarding the TX-L32G10, its a cracking little tv, review wise im not too sure if What Hi-Fi have reviewed it but there are some reviews from other AV magazines, to have a read of some reviews and the amount of awards this tv has won, then follow this link:

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/Products/VIERA+Flat+Screen+Televisions/LCD+TVs/TX-L32G10/Awards+%26+Test+Results/2229742/index.html

The great think is that this tv won the Which Magazine best buy.

Regards> M

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts