Panasonic VT65 defaults to HDMI 1

I've connected my AVR to HDMI 2 of Panasonic 50VT65 as that supports ARC. Whenever I switch my TV on, it starts at HDMI 2 but then defaults to HDMI 1. How do I sort this? I even went into "Hotel mode" and changed default to HDMI 2. But still didn't work. Any ideas?

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
As a fellow Panasonic VT65 owner, I should be able to help. Alas, I cannot. I have my AVR normally connected to HDMI3, but I changed it to HDMI2 just for you. When I switched the TV off and then on again, it started, and stayed, on HDMI2. Incidentally, when I switch the TV off and then on, it starts, and stays, in whatever mode (HDMI, AV or Freeview television) it was when it was switched off. No defaults to any other mode. Sorry that I cannot help.

By the way, how do you get into "Hotel" mode??

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Can't find anything in the settings on my VT to define which Hdmi it defaults to. All I can confirm, is mine always defaults to Hdmi 1 bevause this is the only connection that has something plugged in..

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Some serious information on that hotel mode link, bigboss, but it's not really of use to me. I'm just back home, and switched on my 65VT65, which I had last used on HDMI2. And it started on, and remained, on HDMI2. My VT65 starts on whatever input or mode it had been on when it was switched off. I'm sorry that you continue to have problems with yours. I wonder what happened to it before you got it .....!!

michael hoy

BB, have you anything connected to HDMI 1

Do you have the option in your HDMI 'Setup' menu called something like "Control with HDMI". This detects a signal from the HDMI and automatically switches to it.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried playing with the viera link settings switching them off. I had a problem with this because it was conflicting with my harmony remote when powering all the kit on. It would power everything on then power just the bd player off. I turned it off in settings and it fixed the problem, just a thought ??

Series1boy said:
Have you tried playing with the viera link settings switching them off. I had a problem with this because it was conflicting with my harmony remote when powering all the kit on. It would power everything on then power just the bd player off. I turned it off in settings and it fixed the problem, just a thought ??

I just tried that before I saw your response. Still no joy. I'll give JL a ring tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
Some serious information on that hotel mode link, bigboss, but it's not really of use to me. I'm just back home, and switched on my 65VT65, which I had last used on HDMI2. And it started on, and remained, on HDMI2. My VT65 starts on whatever input or mode it had been on when it was switched off. I'm sorry that you continue to have problems with yours. I wonder what happened to it before you got it .....!!
I don't know what that is meant to mean?

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Let's just see what John Lewis say when bigboss rings tomorrow, how this feature could have developed, when it is not present in ellisdj's, series1boy's, or my VT65s. Maybe some random combination of buttons were inadvertently pressed during the move from your place to his, and this has only now come to light?

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
Let's just see what John Lewis say when bigboss rings tomorrow, how this feature could have developed, when it is not present in ellisdj's, series1boy's, or my VT65s. Maybe some random combination of buttons were inadvertently pressed during the move from your place to his, and this has only now come to light?
I haven't done anything to it. I did have my amp, speakers, Blu-Ray player set up though by some installation people from my local shop Technosound. And I had CanaryJules do a calibration to it. Perhaps they set it up? I am not sure it always was fine for me. I don't see what the big deal is from my understanding of the situation though.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
gel said:
Son_of_SJ said:

it won't be faulty or anything you have done Gel, it'll be something in the settings. Although, Ive just unplugged my Hdmi cable from Hdmi 1 on the TV and powered it back on with the original remote and it defaults to Hdmi 1. I wander if elisdj and son of sj uses a harmony or all in 1 remote which should correct any start up issues and set the activity to the correct input?

bb what are you using as a remote, the original pannasonic remote?

D

Deleted member 2457

I could have a word with the team who set it up and see if they know?

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
gel said:
Son_of_SJ said:

it won't be faulty or anything you have done Gel, it'll be something in the settings. Although, Ive just unplugged my Hdmi cable from Hdmi 1 on the TV and powered it back on with the original remote and it defaults to Hdmi 1. I wander if elisdj and son of sj uses a harmony or all in 1 remote which should correct any start up issues and set the activity to the correct input?

bb what are you using as a remote, the original pannasonic remote?
Cheers mate.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I do not, nor will ever, possess a harmony or all-in-one remote control, I like to count all my original remote controls (now up to eight - with today's addition of the eBay-procured Sony B570 3D Blu-ray player - in the parlour alone, for A/V stuff alone, not gaming). It's an inadequate male compensation thing!

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Series1boy said:
BB go into settings, display settings, input labels and select hdmi1 and select skip. This should disable this input and then try it again....

That sound like a plan! I could even do that on mine if I needed to, though entirely coincidentally I've just, earlier today, renamed all three HDMI inputs and AV1 to user-defined names.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem when I had the panasonic BDP 500. I'd power the activity on for bluray and everything would power up and then the bd player would power off. This was all down to viera link switched on which conflicted with my harmony remote. Many hours of head scratching searching Google to find out the issue, which was to turn off viera link and the re program the harmony to power each device on and off properly in order.

glad it's sorted BB :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts