Panasonic TX-P50VT30 (with DMP-BDT210?)

TnA200

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
With new models from all the major vendors just emerging, I was looking at getting one of these (Panasonic TX-P50VT30) this summer and wondering if anyone knows what the direct competitors are to this TV. The size is the minimum I would like, but the Plasma screen seems sensible as our main viewing room has lots of light (double large windows on the left side and an extra large double patio window on the right side) so a projector is not an option, even though I was initially keen on one (Panasonic PT-AE4000E) and looking into it.

I would also like to get a 3D (future proof a bit) capable Blu Ray player at the same time and am wondering if going with the matching Panasonic models (DMP-BDT 210 or 310) is the best solution or would a Sony PS3 be a better all round choice. The Sony BDP-S 480/580 were also on my consideration list as they can play SACD's (so I read).

Ideally I would love to get the new Oppo-93, but the price may not be wife friendly! An AppleTV2 is also planned as we have a Mac centric house.

Both items (TV and Blu Ray player) are at the limits of the AV budget. This summer I am hoping to finally get my home AV setup going as I had always wanted, so appreciate any helpful information as to what, if any, the alternative options may be for my dream setup above. Thanks.

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi just my 2p worth, be careful if you have lots of light coming into the room only a plasma uses a glass screen which gives huge reflections. LCD uses Matt black plastic screen which is a preferred choice in bright rooms, however if you have curtains you will be ok with plasma. Come night time when dark the plasma will excel!!

Enjoy

A

Anonymous

Plasma every time! The VT20 was excellent, the VT30 ought to be superb.

A

Anonymous

According to the review posted, there is still a problem with handling 50Hz so if you have got a lot of DVDs, they might not be as good as on other plasmas?

I really like this but I have a LOT of DVDs and I don't know how they will perform on this TV because of the problem mentioned above.

ALternatevely I am looking at the Samsung D8000 as well... I think I'll either buy this or the samsung... not sure which one to go for tbh.

A

Anonymous

any 50 hz problems would effect normal TV viewing as well no ? unless cable/sky boxes output at 60hz

its an odd "problem" - I've read the review too - as on my 2009 model Panasonic PF11 50hz content is perfect no issues whatsoever

A

Anonymous

Yes that's right, it would effect normal tv viewing as well... And from what I've read, this problem came up from last years models, and apparently they did not fix it for this year's models. A real shame imo.

TnA200

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
My main viewing would be DVD (80+ discs) and BluRay (library of 10 discs and counting) discs and probably AppleTV 720p downloads. So points made about the handling of 50Hz would probably need to be looked into, esp. in regards to DVD playback. The Samsung D8000? OK, will check it out too.

I have on heard good things about the Panasonic V20, so am hoping that carries over to the newer V30. Esp. when the V20 was the Best 50in+ TV Awards 2010 with 5 stars. (http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Panasonic-TX-P50V20/) Hence my enthusiasm for it and the legendary plasma blacks, esp. as now Panasonic own the Pioneer Kuro technology and staff.

Thanks guys, food for thought and consideration. Appreciate any further comments as I am sure many other people are probably looking at the TV combo too this summer.

TnA200

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
sta99y,

For some reason I thought it was the other way around as far as matt/gloss screens are concerned. Plasma/matt, LCD/glossy... Must make a trip to he local stores to have a good look. Once the big heavy curtains are installed hopefully the reflection issue should be minimal. Most of my TV viewing is later in the evening and DVD/pre recorded materiel. So thanks for the heads up on the issue.

A

Anonymous

J) J) Had a TX-P50VT30B On order since 12/04/2011 and today 31st May 2011 still no TV, Panasonic have given 3 delivery dates and each time the TV does not turn up !!. Customer service emails take over 1 week to reply and i dont want to call the premium rate number for hours i think £2200 pounds is enough to spend. Looking back i would not have purchased this TV as other manufacturers are perhaps better at customer expectations.

Adam from stafford said:
J) J) Had a TX-P50VT30B On order since 12/04/2011 and today 31st May 2011 still no TV, Panasonic have given 3 delivery dates and each time the TV does not turn up !!. Customer service emails take over 1 week to reply and i dont want to call the premium rate number for hours i think £2200 pounds is enough to spend. Looking back i would not have purchased this TV as other manufacturers are perhaps better at customer expectations.

No point in posting the same Panasonic-bashing posts in different threads. Where did you buy the TV from?

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
Adam from stafford said:
No point in posting the same Panasonic-bashing posts in different threads. Where did you buy the TV from?

He's got the exact same rant in other forums too... Word for word- didn't even correct the grammar from one post to the next.

A

Anonymous

Hi Tom

Many thanks for you reply but do you think its acceptable to wait 2 months for the TV and then when panasonic give you a delivery date the TV simply does not arrive. They are unwilling to give me a delivery date you think this is acceptable ?

The tv has been purchased from an Panasonic dealer so through there own channels.

My aim of the post was simply to tell what has happened and warn other people to buy from a place where you can pick the tv up once you have paid.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts