Panasonic TX-P42G10 Upgrade.......

OldGit56

Feb 8, 2021
Visit site
Hi Folks,

Some advice would be greatly appreciated, I purchased a Panasonic TX-P42G10 approximately 10 -11 years ago, time for an upgrade?
As you know, the 'Panny' falls behind the present day 4K UHD TV's. although it still performs well.
It lacks all the catch-up channels and Youtube , ect. I have a Humax FVP5000T set top box connected to the Panasonic to compensate for the lack of Freeplay.

My budget is restricted to around £500. I would like at least the same size screen (ideally bigger), but I don't want a 'side grade' to the Panasonic, I need a tangible upgrade. If there is nothing available in, or slightly above my budget then I would rather keep the 'Panny' and run it into the ground.

Any advice would be most appreciated, and thanks for reading my first post!

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi Folks,

Some advice would be greatly appreciated, I purchased a Panasonic TX-P42G10 approximately 10 -11 years ago, time for an upgrade?
As you know, the 'Panny' falls behind the present day 4K UHD TV's. although it still performs well.
It lacks all the catch-up channels and Youtube , ect. I have a Humax FVP5000T set top box connected to the Panasonic to compensate for the lack of Freeplay.

My budget is restricted to around £500. I would like at least the same size screen (ideally bigger), but I don't want a 'side grade' to the Panasonic, I need a tangible upgrade. If there is nothing available in, or slightly above my budget then I would rather keep the 'Panny' and run it into the ground.

Any advice would be most appreciated, and thanks for reading my first post!
WHF have the answer to your question:

D

Deleted member 2457

You can buy from Richer Sounds telesales and get a 6 year warranty at £550:

It seems to be unavailable though! Currys are saying 10 days for stock though.

OldGit56

Feb 8, 2021
Visit site
Hi Gel,

Thanks for your response. Viewing the RS website it seems like the Samsung HALF-PRICE Samsung HWS60T soundbar is unavailable and not the TV?

Any other possible options folks?

Ring Richer Sounds for store stock.

Alternatively, check these:

Or you can go massive.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457

OldGit56

Feb 8, 2021
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Thanks again for taking the trouble to reply, most appreciated.
I've been looking up the spec's on the TV's you have mentioned, and although I like the idea of one of the bigger models, I think I will have to opt for something around the 50 - 55 inch size.
That brings us to the Sony, Samsung, and Philips models.
So the question is which one has the best picture quality? I view sports, mainly football. The odd DVD and Blu-ray. I've read about some TV's being pretty useless because of narrow viewing angles, a problem I don't have with my 'Panny'. The reviews I have read on Richer Sounds website rate the Sony as having superb picture quality, but is it the best of the three?
Sound quality for the set isn't much of an issue, I have a Yamaha YSP-2200 soundbar that I am very pleased with.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts