Panasonic TX-32LZD85 vs Sony KDL-32W4000

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

From about month I am trying to find a full HD 32" TV. I have checked many forums and red many treads. As I have checked that forum earlier as well there were suggestions about new test for 32" TVs in new issue of What HiFi? I have bought it and red it but more question marks appeared. May I ask why the winner is Sony if Panasonic working with 100Hz Motion Picture 2, twice better than Sony which frequency is only 50Hz (Sony Bravia Engine)? Response time for Sony is nearly 4 times slower than Panasonic so motionflow for that one is better I believe and with no doubt for both SD and HD. Moreover Sony in most of the shops is more expensive than Panasonic while in test you have priced both on the same level 650GBP. However on page 33 there is a price for Sony 730GBP. Thank you

matthewpiano

Its not all about spec. Choose with your eyes rather than going on the black and white figures. Both are excellent sets and I doubt you'd be disappointed with either. You'll have to move quickly on the W though because stocks are getting very thin on the ground now. From what I've seen personally the freeview tuner on the Panasonic is slightly better than the Sony, but the Sony is slightly better with external sources. Just my opinion mind.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
matthewpiano is spot on. Tech specs are only half the story. Agree the Freeview tuner on the Pana is slightly better, but with external sources (DVD, Blu-ray, Sky HD) the 32W4000 delivers pictures that are sharper and more detailed than any rival, with tremendously punchy contrasts, vivacious colours and fine motion stability. The Pana's stil a great TV though.

Re the price of £730 on p33, that's what it was in the past, but we've seen it for nearer £650 more recently, as a quick Google search will prove.

A

Anonymous

Is the Pioneer 32" not worth considering after the recent price reductions? That can now be had for under £700.

A

Anonymous

alwatson:Is the Pioneer 32" not worth considering after the recent price reductions? That can now be had for under £700.

I recently ordered one of these myself as I've read many user reports telling of its apparent greatness. I paid £679 including free delivery and a 5-year guarantee which isn't bad considering it would have cost £1100 as recently as December. It's being delivered next Tuesday and it can't come quick enough!

A

Anonymous

Cracking price that! Let us know how you get on with when you've got it.

A

Anonymous

Well im an owner of a TX-32LZD85 had it for 1 week now but just encountered some buzzing noise with my set. I have it wall mounted and at first there was no problem so im waiting for a service call or thursday to see what can be done. I prefered the Sony at first but couldnt get it anywhere for budget i had. Dont get me wrong the Panasonic is a quality TV and its great with Sky HD and Blu-ray the SD Picture isnt the best ive seen but its ok. Just thought id let u know my erxperience so far.

A

Anonymous

alwatson:Cracking price that! Let us know how you get on with when you've got it.

Will do!

A

Anonymous

Thanks all of you for interest and answers. If it is not a problem I would like to ask as well about connection to PC via HDMI. May I do that? In specification for Sony there is a HDMI PC signal capability indicated as YES. Is it the same for Panasonic as I could not find it there? Also question about HDMI cable. I am rather layman in that subject so maybe I could get advise from someone who could share knowlegde. Thank you in advance.

A

Anonymous

I'd also been puzzled before I simply checked the connection. I used DVI-HDMI convertor as my laptop has no HDMI output. I had to choose LCD as the main desplay, otherwise I got a desktop with no icons at 1080p. There's an input lag when gaming.You should see if that is a problem for you. I've had my panny for a week now and I'm using the connection mainly for... viewing photos. It's a pity there's no zoom funcion when using the SD slot. Now I can edit my photos on the big screen! Oh, I forgot. With this connection you have no access to the PC menu and the dedicated tweaks, such as RGB correction, gamma, V sync / H sync etc. Your TV 'thinks' it's just another DVD/Blu-ray type of equipment...

A

Anonymous

Thanks vikhund, fortunatelly I have got HDMI output in my graphic card and believe should be fine then. We will see. I think I will put a quick post in here how it works soon.

TRENDING THREADS