Panasonic TH-42PX80 some clarification please . . .

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
In the July issue of the mag there is a section advising that Dixon's are selling for £669 which is great offer but it also states the tv as being 1080p compatible.

When looking into the tv i don't seem to be able to find anyone saying the tv is actually 1080p just 720p ?

I'm just a little confused as to what its capable of and if its worth saving the extra pennies to buy this or go for something a little more expensive and get full 1080p ???

Many thanks if someone could help !!

A

Anonymous

If you watch mainly SD sources and sit 10 feet away from the Panny then you will have a fantastic pic that willmore than satisfy. Even HD tv is only broadcast in 1080i so again no probs there.

It is 24 fps and 1080p compatible but scales those pics to 1080i so you're right it is not Full HD.

This will only be a prob if you watch predominantly Bluray or HD DVD or play HD games and sit closer than 10 feet away. I play PS3 and watch BD from 8 feet away on my 37PX80 and really see no difference in comparison to my friends 1080p Sony.

So the answer to your questionis 'It depends'

A

Anonymous

I agree with the first post in principal.

I recently bought the TH42PZ70 which is FullHD (1080p) and it makes standard def. TV look awful. However, put Blu-Ray/HD-DVD or SKY HD in and you can sit as close to the TV as you like, it looks awesome.

I would get the best television that your budget can stretch to. If your budget is £700 then you have already selected a fantastic TV at this price. If you can stretch to 1080p I would advise you to buy a FullHD TV.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys you've helped a great deal, pay day Wednesday so will see what happens then !!!!

A

Anonymous

The panasonic PX model you have listed above is not 1080p

The 1080p version you want and is alot better is the Panasonic TH42PZ80B
( Note PZ is the different code)

You can buy this model here for around £809

http://www.electrosaver.co.uk/product_details.asp?id=Plasma&Product=Television&productid=TH42PZ80B

Its True that the picture will look rubbish with normal SD as it does with alot of the LCD and Plasma at the moment , If you want the best of both worlds and want really good picture on SD and HD then go with something like the Pioneer 428 or 4280xd , you can get this plasma for around £1300 , Very good picture and your love it trust me. its not 1080p but it will downgrade the picture in to 720p for you ... not much different to tell the truth. also its Kuro so very black.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts