Panasonic TH-37PX80B - Pixel blown?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I bought 2 of these 3 weeks ago and on one of them a small black square has appeared. You can see it when the TV is switched off as well as on and it looks like one of the tiny pixels.

Has it blown?

I use this one in my kitchen and as a result it is not used too often compared to normal usage.

I only use it to watch the usual 5 channels plus Freeview and Dvd's.

Anyone got any advice or suggestions as to what has happened?

A

Anonymous

I'd get it swapped, sounds like a manufacturing defect. I assume you're certain it's not debris behind the front protective screen?

A

Anonymous

I don't think it's debris (how would it get behind the protective screen anyway?) as I've taken another look with the screen on and from different angles it shows up red or green as well as black.

Can this be rectified or should I ask for a new set, remembering it's only 3 weeks old?

A

Anonymous

had a similar problem with my px70, get in quick to the shop and demand a replacement!

Dont let them hit you with it falls into panasonics failure spec, if you get a relacement hit them with trading standards threat.

Works every time

A

Anonymous

felicia:

had a similar problem with my px70, get in quick to the shop and demand a replacement!

Dont let them hit you with it falls into panasonics failure spec, if you get a relacement hit them with trading standards threat.

Works every time

It doesn't work every time! But felicia is right, you should get in touch with the retailer immediately and ask for a replacement.

Was it bought from one of the high street chains that offer a 28 day return policy?

A

Anonymous

You must be psychic felicia, they said exactly what you said they would say!

It's 3 days outside the 28 day return warranty (Curry's) however they suggested I contact the store direct and it seems that the store are prepared to exchange the set although they are calling me tommorrow to sort it out due to the late hour tonight.

What exactly is my legal position here? Surely a blown pixel is not acceptable on a set 4 weeks old is it?

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
Unfortunately it usually is. There are ISO government prescribed standards for failed, stuck pixels / sub pixels and some are allowed to be faulty and the set still be of "perfect" quality. The exact number depends on the type of pixel and where abouts on the screen it is and the type of failure.

I wouldn't hold you breath about being able to legally do anything about it.

I had a fluorscent green pixel stuck on my brand new £1,800 Pioneer 428XD Kuro straight out of the box. Imagine fluorescent green on everything!

Pioneer refused to do anything. Luckily I had a good retailer who changed it off their own back. Good idea to be firm in what you want but polite and not lose your temper with the retailer and keep them on side as they may turn out to be your only friend in the long run.

A

Anonymous

Unfortunately a small number of pixels not working is not classed as a fault, despite it being extremely annoying!

You are in Curry's hands regarding a solution. The screen cannot be fixed without replacing the panel itself which would cost more than a new tv. All you can do is push for a replacement - there isn't really a 'legal position' as technically the tv does not have a recognised 'fault'.

A

Anonymous

Thanks to the above 2 posters although I'm amazed!

The store remember me when I bought them (got the price knocked down etc) and they said they would replace it but will contact me tommorrow so I hope they don't change their minds overnight!

Here's hoping!

A

Anonymous

If they do, stand outside the store with your telly and a sign that states " I bought this tv here and they won't change it even though it's less than a month old ' or something similar.

It doesn't take long to get an answer. Never done it with big stuff but works a treat in the past on anything from Irons to school uniform. The fact that I'm hard to miss helps !!

A

Anonymous

I wanted to bring this back up again to give Credit to my local Currys Store as they are delivering a replacement set on Monday :D

Thanks to Deepak, one of the management team, who never argued and did, in my opinion, "the right thing" rather than hide behind the get out clauses that he could have done.

One interesting point though - at the time the ticket price for this TV was £559.99 (I got it for less after haggling) and now, 5 weeks later it's in Currys for £679.99!

Credit Crunch? What Credit Crunch?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts