Chord Mojo 2

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

gitesh_b

Feb 4, 2024
Visit site
What effect did your amp’s treble control have?

Are you still using the speakers on a glass table, as you mentioned in your own thread?
Amps table control makes it better but not completely ok .

Yes it’s on glass table but it’s kept on these 3 m rubber bumpers which are affixed on the bottom of the speakers

Reactions: nopiano

gitesh_b

Feb 4, 2024
Visit site
Amps table control makes it better but not completely ok .

Yes it’s on glass table but it’s kept on these 3 m rubber bumpers which are affixed on the bottom of the speakers
The stereo setup I use is iPad connected to hk 3380 and paired with b & w 706 s2 . Normally steam amazon music only

I'm thrilled to unveil the Chord Mojo 2, the latest innovation in portable audio technology. With enhanced features and unrivaled performance, the Chord Mojo 2 takes your listening experience to new heights.

Enhanced Audio Quality​

Experience unparalleled sound quality with the Chord Mojo 2. Its advanced DAC technology ensures crystal-clear audio reproduction, delivering every nuance of your favorite tracks with precision and depth.
Are you a bot or AI?

lakelandstu70

Feb 24, 2022
Visit site
I am absolutely bowled over how much enjoyment this little item gives me.

Its difficult to put a finger on what exactly it is that it does so well. Rob Watts has his own technical explanations but to be honest, they are going over my head.

It is so coherent and ... complete that I usually forget to analyse music and just drift away with it.

I would not call it super analytical but in its own way it is. It's just that this is not done in the usual dry, lean and super widely spaced way rather it is all packed in to a wonderful 'compact' whole that has pin point staging, filigree detail, no harshness, lovely dynamics and just flows.

I think it was Currawong on Youtube that said that the remarkable thing about it is not the 'darkness' between notes but the way the Chord fills this in.

It is not Headphone or system agnostic. Although I do not have really expensive Headphones it drives them all and it does it well. Same as Stand alone DAC in my systems.

I love the 'balls' (they are not balls anymore). I find them entirely intuitive and enjoy that they are different. I take that anytime over a cramped, tiny display.

Build quality is first class.

Not so good things; As discussed many times elsewhere, Micro USB belongs in another era. Chord carried it over for use with its Poly but it's a pain. It was done for cost reasons but the Poly has been out for years so a slight re-design to USB C would not have done it any harm.

The case, although real leather and nicely made, was nearly 50 quid. Nothing gets cheaper and there are no alternatives (there is one on Amazon but it is till around £40) so I bit the bullet. Nicely protects the unit.

There are no nice accessories included. A rudamentary plastic case, even a bag and a few nice cables (ala iFi) would have been nice.
Very interesting and different assessment of the Mojo 2. I had issues with mine, the whistling problem (from Peter Tyson) but they swapped and the second one has been faultless for a couple of years. Apparently the micro USB for charging is to protect battery life.

When I had mine originally I had two sets of headphones. -Sennheiser Momentums (open back) and B&O B9's (closed back). I loved plugging them both into the two 3.5mm ports and listening to same track. Amazing how differently they sounded, and it highlighted my personal preferences for lively dynamic open backs rather than rich deep bass closed sound of the B&O's. My Senheissers finally bit the dust so I got a pair of the Grado sr325x and oh wow... different again. Ironically had to change many of the settings on the Mojo to get the liveliness back in the headphones. (I mainly listen to Qobuz streamed through a Macbook Pro ... without the Mojo the headphones are astonishing. The Mojo almost stifled the dynamic capabilities of the Grado's until I changed the settings. (My music tastes are extremely varied which is why I use Qobuz which came with three months free with the Mojo - anything from Classical, blues, goth, punk, hip hop, trip-hop, show gaze, acoustic, folk... you get the idea.... )

and if in doubt.... i think this pic sums it up (true or not)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-03-19 at 09.41.58.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-03-19 at 09.41.58.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts