Panasonic Firmware update file size

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi. Has anyone updated the firmware on the Panasonic BD-30 yet? I have checked and found a 1.2 vs at Panasonic for EU players 16th April 2008. The odd thing is that when you download and un zip the file. The size is 26,647 but Panasonic say it should be 24,249so my file is a fair bit bigger has anyone else found this please. If so has it installed OK. Many Thanks

A

Anonymous

You have got a bit confused. When you download from the panasonic website you create an .exe file. If you right click on it and select properties it shows a size of 24,249. This is the file size that Panasonic are talking about. When you run the .exe file you get a firmware file. It is this file that you load onto a cd and place in the BD30 player. The file size for this file is 26,647. I have already done this and it works ok.

A

Anonymous

Not that I've noticed. It was excellent before the update and its excellent after the update.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="chinster1957"]
You have got a bit confused. When you download from the panasonic website you create an .exe file. If you right click on it and select properties it shows a size of 24,249. This is the file size that Panasonic are talking about. When you run the .exe file you get a firmware file. It is this file that you load onto a cd and place in the BD30 player. The file size for this file is 26,647. I have already done this and it works ok.
[/quote]

Many thanks for that I feel a bit more confident loading the CD now. I agree with you the player is really good.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
So I guess that makes it the epitome of a successful update.

[/quote] Does the Mag know what the update was meant to do. When i have updated BIOS on a PC normally you get some info as to what the fix is for, on the Panasonic site it seems it helps it to play disc's ....... Which type of discs i wandered.

TRENDING THREADS