Panasonic crt tv help

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
I have a 28" Panasonic Quintrix 50hz crt yes its old etc but they are a fantastic crt, now I was offered the 32" 100hz Quintrix model free from someone so I snaped his hand off, but I cannot get anywhere near as good a picture from it, what if anything am I missing, I am using the same leads, same settings etc I always use a scart into rgb which on my old set gave real crisp detailed pictures but on this set they are not sharp or detailed almost like watching a old vhs tape, dvd playback is better but still not as good as it could be lookes like I will have to go back to my old one. any ideas please.

A

Anonymous

anyone else getting deja vu here?

At the risk of (re)opening a big can of worms............. what TV did you get, what sources are you watching, what make/model is your DVD player, how far from the screen are you sitting?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
kitkat:I have a 28" Panasonic Quintrix 50hz crt yes its old etc but they are a fantastic crt, now I was offered the 32" 100hz from a friend who had used this as a second tv with little use so I snaped his hand off, but I cannot get anywhere near as good a picture from it, what if anything am I missing, I am using the same leads, same settings etc I always use a scart into rgb which on my old set gave real crisp detailed pictures but on this set they are not sharp or detailed almost like watching a old vhs tape, dvd playback is better but still not as good as it could be lookes like I will have to go back to my old one. any ideas please.

Sounds to me like your mate's tv isn't as good as your one - simple as that! I had the 28inch 100hz Pana - the first 100hz one that came out and it was a good set. Is your mate's one a Quintrix too? If so, it's a little strange. At the end of the day, no matter what people tell you, hdmi from a Sky HD box or dvd player to LCD or Plasma is so much better than scart to CRT. I sold my old CRT for £45(!!), paid £800 for it several years ago. Best move I ever made (selling and going digital).

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
I have an 8 year old 32" Pany Quintrix (50 Hz) pro-logic crt that served me very well until I upgraded to a 42" Pany plasma (PZ85)about 6 months ago. Still works perfect btw. I remember looking at lots of tv's at the time and I thought I wanted a 100hz set as these had just come onto the market. I narrowed it down to either the Pany or the Sony wega's fairly quickly as these 2 where miles ahead of anything else that was out.

But after viewing both the 50hz and the 100hz tv's side by side it was plain as day as to which had the better picture. Yep the 50hz set was alot better than the new 100hz sets. The 100hz tv looked fuzzy and what looked like a really slow response time. Football for example looked terrible, really unclear and the ball seemed to warp around the pitch. The 50hz tv's by comparison were alot clearer and more detailed, with no motion blur at all.

This really suprised me as I was expecting the new 100Hz tv's to be the best. I bought the 50Hz Pany in the end as it had the best picture quality, and the pro-logic surround was pretty impressive compared to the nicam stereo on my old 22".

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for that info Spiceweasel looks like I should have stayed with the 50hz then just thought it would be nice to have no flickering but not at the cost of such a poor picture.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts