Panasonic 50VT65 £699 and 10 per cent off Richer Sounds Milton Keynes

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

gel said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
gel said:

I'm guessing you'll be buying it, then returning it a few days later, gel. *biggrin*
Nope, I thought you might like it? *smile*

I would, and thanks for the heads up, but I haven't got any spare money at the moment, and I'm determined to get JL to either sort out my magenta hue problem, or replace my tv. I think my next tv will have to be an LCD/LED, as I'm fed up with worrying myself to death about IR.

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
gel said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
gel said:

I'm guessing you'll be buying it, then returning it a few days later, gel. *biggrin*
Nope, I thought you might like it? *smile*

I would, and thanks for the heads up, but I haven't got any spare money at the moment, and I'm determined to get JL to either sort out my magenta hue problem, or replace my tv. I think my next tv will have to be an LCD/LED, as I'm fed up with worrying myself to death about IR.

Have you contacted JL yet?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

No. I was trying to time it for about a month or so before the Xmas/New Year deals, therefore giving them time to assess the problem, realise they wouldn't be able to repair it without a replacement screen, and offer me an exchange. I've dithered on this, but November is looking like the month of action.

Saying that, I am extremely tempted by this VT65. Any reasons you can think of why I shouldn't get down there and buy it?

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Saying that, I am extremely tempted by this VT65. Any reasons you can think of why I shouldn't get down there and buy it?

I just hope that you haven't left it too long to get some joy out of John Lewis.

I don't agree with all the hot deals that gel insists on highlighting, but this 50VT65 is good. As a 65VT65 owner, I can't think of any good reason for you not to buy it at £700. Just check that it has all the accessories with it, including two pairs of 3D glasses, though other 3D glasses can be bought instead.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Son_of_SJ said:
I just hope that you haven't left it too long to get some joy out of John Lewis.

It has a 5 year warranty, so to my mind, it's faulty, so they should fix it.

Son_of_SJ said:
I don't agree with all the hot deals that gel insists on highlighting, but this 50VT65 is good. As a 65VT65 owner, I can't think of any good reason for you not to buy it at £700. Just check that it has all the accessories with it, including two pairs of 3D glasses, though other 3D glasses can be bought instead.

I can actually get it for £630 with the VIP 10% discount. I doubt it will come with the glasses, but I rarely, if ever watch 3D now, and I have 2 pairs of glasses anyway, so that won't be a deal clincher.

Have you had any problems at all with your VT65?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

bigboss said:
Son_of_SJ said:

Agreed. It's been more than a year since you noticed the problem, and you haven't contacted them yet.

No, they came out and took the tv away within the first year. They said that they could see both the magenta tint problem and the vertical banding, but because it was in the first year, and they couldn't take photographs of the problem, they wouldn't be able to convince Panasonic to fix it. I was asked to try to live with it. I have tried, I've tried for 2 more years, but black & white films are not black & white on this tv, and I can't live with it anymore.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
bigboss said:
Son_of_SJ said:

Agreed. It's been more than a year since you noticed the problem, and you haven't contacted them yet.

No, they came out and took the tv away within the first year. They said that they could see both the magenta tint problem and the vertical banding, but because it was in the first year, and they couldn't take photographs of the problem, they wouldn't be able to convince Panasonic to fix it. I was asked to try to live with it. I have tried, I've tried for 2 more years, but black & white films are not black & white on this tv, and I can't live with it anymore.

Would they be able to take photographs of the two problems now? Are the problems worse now than they were at the start, or are the problems the same? If the problems are still bad, but no worse than two years ago, they might say they don't have to fix it?

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Have you had any problems at all with your VT65?

None at all.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

My understanding is, that Panasonic were liable in the first 12 months, JL are liable after that. JLs engineers admitted there was a problem, JLs customer services admitted there was a problem, and I doubt very much that there are any replacement screens available, so if I'm persistent enough, JL will more than likely offer me a replacement.

The picture hasn't got worse, but when all the colour is removed from the picture, there is a very clear magenta hue in the centre third of the screen, an undeniable magenta hue. They noticed the hue on a green background (such as football), it is far clearer, and photographical on a black and white background.

D

Deleted member 2457

You could probably sell this TV for £950-£1000 and make a profit!

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
No IR on my VT after nearly 2 years of use, including sky sports and Disney channels with the daft logos on screen. These TVs are great but would recommend a calibration to get the best out of it though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts