Panasonic 42ST30 or 42GT30

Zubkabera

Nov 15, 2007
Visit site
I am up for a new TV and can't find the difference between 42ST30 and 42GT30, the price difference is 100 euro between them so if GT30 substantially better then ST30 then I will go for it, my major requirement is it should have good SMART tv content for e.g. BBC iplayer, lovefilms, netflix, youtube, facebook, skype etc and SD contents are smooth. Also can these sets access my NAS via DLNA and play ripped file in mp4, mkv and divx etc?

Thanks.

Zubkabera

Nov 15, 2007
Visit site
Guess what, this weekend I went to AV shop near my home to pick the 42GT30 and to my disappointment I found out it doesn't come with any glasses or wifi dongle both costs around 260 EUR, so with additional cost of these items, the Samsung 40D6530 was 30 EUR cheaper which comes with two pair of glasses and built-in wifi and better DLNA support and SMART contents, so bought the Samsung.

I think WHF review and price per pound rating in this case was flawed, they should add additional cost of all required stuff in the price before judging it against other brand and available accessores.

I hope it will help others make better decision.

A

Anonymous

Whilst the 40D6530 is a good tv with extra 'gadgets' and included accessories, the Panasonic models are more on a par with the 7 and 8 series Samsung LED tv's as regards picture quality which are more expensive than the 6 series.

Anyone wanting to use the 3D capability on these tv's should be aware that unlike the Panasonics, the Samsung does not display 3D content in high definition. This is not available from Samsung until you get to the 7 and 8 series LED tv's.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Yes that is a problem that you don't get any free glasses, as they are expensive for Panasonic. The deal at the Panasonic centre's is buy one get one free so £99 for two pairs isn't bad we got 3 pairs for £150 with our 50st30 and of course the free 5yr warranty is also included which helped us decide.

zientific

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Also the Samsung 40D6530 has issues with its 3d capabilities i.e not offering full HD. The GT30 can be had a good price with glasses and is a much better set.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts