Panasonic 42 Plasma with no speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I think this is in the right section, if not I hope it will give me a starting point.

My dad has just been given an old 42" panasonic plasma screen with no tuner and speakers.

I have sourced him a freeview box and split the video via phone to bnc and the L + R audio via phono's to 3.5ml jack which connects to an old stereo and it works a treat.

He now tells me he wants some nice little speakers to be wall mounted instead of the old stereo.

My question is, do I just get speakers and if so where from and will the tv be able to power them as I am aware there is a limit. Or do I get a nice little Teac or Denon system and just mount the speakers?

Thanks for any guidance

Clyde

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="clydemk"]
Hi Everyone,

I think this is in the right section, if not I hope it will give me a starting point.

My dad has just been given an old 42" panasonic plasma screen with no tuner and speakers.

I have sourced him a freeview box and split the video via phone to bnc and the L + R audio via phono's to 3.5ml jack which connects to an old stereo and it works a treat.

He now tells me he wants some nice little speakers to be wall mounted instead of the old stereo.

My question is, do I just get speakers and if so where from and will the tv be able to power them as I am aware there is a limit. Or do I get a nice little Teac or Denon system and just mount the speakers?

Thanks for any guidance

Clyde
[/quote]I take it you are refering to a Model like the PW42 then say a 5/6/7 ? if so I have one of these in my bed room (mine being a series 5) The best way to hook up the freeview box is to use the PC input on the screen, you can get a good RGB scart to PC input from KEENE electronics. As far as the speekers goes the set has a internal amp so simply plug the end of the wire into the spring loaded terminals on the rear of the screen.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, just got the model number for the TV, it is TH42PW3.

D.J.Krime - should I be careful about what size speakers I attach to the TV? I noticed there is a 6amp warning on the back, I have attached some real small plastic things, they are powered but they have no bass cause they are such a bad speaker.

Must say I am amazed by the picture quality of such an old screen.

Thanks

Clyde

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
You could go for something like these http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=ELTA-CONCEPT-MINI-BC or search on EBAY for the correct Panasonic ones that slot onto the side of the screen but these can be quite expensive if you can find them that is.

A

Anonymous

Again thanks for your continuing help.

The Eltax speaks seem like a winner to me!, saves on adding an amp.

I did look for the original speakers for the TV, but on ebay and places they were gonna be about £200.

Another quick one, can I have two inputs running to the tv? i.e one over the video BNC input and one through the PC or component inputs.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts