Panasonic 37inch PX80 motion dimming

tvmog

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
Although the motion handling on my 37 PX80 is generally very good, I've noticed a rather odd dimming effect on certain complex picture elements. Sometimes when the image pans either horizontally or verticaly, certain complex parts of the image will dim as they appear to move, returning to full brightness when the picture stops panning. I first noticed this on the "Search for the lost Ark" Channel 4 programme on Monday. As the camera horizontally scanned wall carvings the complexity of the numerous objects caused the whole image to appear to dim, returning to full brightness when the camera stopped moving. On last nights Sky sports HD broadcast of Everton/Chelsea, when the main camera was panning from goalmouth to goalmouth advertising hoardings in the background (not the LED displays) would dim while they moved through the picture and return to full brightness when the camera stopped moving. As far as I can tell this effect only applies to static objects within a moving frame, as I have not detected it on mving objects within a static frame. It also only seems to occur in HD resolution.

JSM15

Mar 18, 2008
Visit site
Does the same thing happen with external HD sources such as Blu Ray/HD games or only thru Sky HD TV?

I am keen to know more as this set is on my shortlist.

tvmog

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
At the moment Sky is my only HD source, and nobody else seems to have noticed this problem. If you get the chance to audition the TV with a bluray source it would be something to look out for.

A

Anonymous

I've not noticed it but I'll have a look and see and get back.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts