pana th37px70 poor picture quality on football

bluesurf9

Oct 7, 2007
Visit site
I have just bought a pana th37px70 and have noticed that whilst watching football and golf the picyure quality around the plyers and ball seems poor. There seems to be what looks like lack of sharpness of the image when on on wide camera angles. It almost like there are extra pixels aorund the players making almost ghost images around them. Is this a common issue? Can it be corrected or do I have a faulty set? Please Help!!!

A

Anonymous

I don't have any of those problems you describe.

What source are you using? The internal freeview, or something else? What picture mode do you use? Avoid Dynamic like the plague. The reference settings are thought to be Cinema, with Brightness backed off 2 clicks.

bluesurf9

Oct 7, 2007
Visit site
Im using a standard sky box with a decent scart lead.I have chamged the settings from dynamic to cinema as you suggested and it looks like it has cured the problem : ) thanks very much. Any other setting tips??

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Ah, the joy of picture 'enhancement' features....

Have you adjusted your contrast,brightness etc? Makes a massive amount of difference.

If not, have a little read of this

A

Anonymous

I have a Pana 37 PX70, and for terrestrial TV (SD), i use the mode Cinema..... and it works great.

For Claire: ( for you because, your opinion make my final decision goes to the Pana)
emotion-2.gif
emotion-2.gif

But for DVD, or blue ray, i use de Normal mode, with a few clicks back on the contrast levels... Do you think itïs OK, or may i improve these settings?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
You should always go with what looks best to you - I regularly change between picture modes on my projector, depending on whether i'm watching movies, TV or sport. And contrast settings get a regular tweak, too - at the risk of sounding like a double-entendre, it's worth a few extra seconds of fiddling to guarantee everything's working at its best
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

@ bluesurf: glad it helped. Also make sure that in your Sky settings the SCART says RGB (as opposed to composite). Don't have Sky myself so can't help with the menus.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts