Pana TH-37PX80 Plasma to Sony KDL40EX503

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ive finally decided to go full HD after 2 years of my old trusty PX80 on the basis of all the good reviews. Im picking up the sony tomorrow. I am however slighly now concerned with the reports on input lag on game mode. I do enjoy a bit of xbox, and the reports of lag on the sony is 50ms. Has anyone got the '503 that can report back to me? Just praying when I get it home, the pictures as good as the big old plasma, just im very limited as 40'' is as big as i can go! Any help appreciated.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
James,

I had the 40EX503 untill 4 months ago when it developed a few faults and was returned, i own an xbox 360 and ps3. I can confirm that the input lag is awful and is indeed around the 50/60ms mark depending on the game being played...for example when i set up rock band with the auto guitar set up the video lag was 67ms! On my new Panasonic plasma that comes down to 24ms which is quite a difference, i felt the effect of the lag most with games that require fast reactions like COD etc but for most games it is ok as you just get used to it.

Hope that helps.

A

Anonymous

Lets us know what you think of the 503 vs px80 in picture quality terms. The px80 was a great set especially in SD and especially at 37'' - I reckon thats a tough challenge for the 503 to show a marked improvement (full HD excluded) over the px80 and things really have moved a long way if it does

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replys chaps. I do love my PX80. I went and auditioned the 503 today and was very impressed, even if it was just receiving an analogue source split to about 40 TV's. But I dont think its upto plasma scratch. I asked for the set to be hooked upto sky in SD. Very impressive, punchy colours, very little motion trouble, but as good a picture as the PX80?? No. Not in a month of sundays. Don't get me wrong, I can see why it's an award winner, great TV, but i don't think LCD has caught up with plasma yet, even if we've come on in leaps and bounds in technology. So to add a spanner to the works...... The sony KDL-40EX713 LED. The picture on SD I thought was superb, but the HD was truly something to behold boys. Input lag at around 30ms. I dont think I can go down the LCD route from the PX80. I'm sure i'm gonna get a load of LCD shaped rotten tomatoes thrown my way!! So is LED the compromise? Basically i cant go to 42". 40 is max! The 713 is pretty much the same size width as the PX80, and my px80 fits into my system perfectly. If i could fit a 42, it would be a Pana plasma going in my living room, every day of the week! Just make a 40" plasma Panasonic!! Wonder when What Hifi are gonna get the KDL-40EX713 on their test bench.........................

A

Anonymous

I'll keep my Panny 37" PX 80 also. Mind you we don't tend to change until they pack up.

A

Anonymous

Thanks clare. Well im in a right pickle now!!! The next TV on the list was the KDL-40HX703. A 5 star TV, but input lag of 50 ms! So once again, a no no. I i know WHFS&V can't mention everything, but maybe input lag would be a useful thing to know as a lot of us are gamers.

TRENDING THREADS