Pairing traditional fronts with compact rears

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm ideally wanting a 5.1 AV system with full size fronts so i can get decent stereo sound(will be connecting my hifi to these) but smaller rears to save on space

Any suggestions

I'm considering; Monitor audio bronze front/center + Radius R90rears, Kef iQ1 front/centre + KHT3005 rears.

If i deviate from using the same brand any suggestions on combinations of the following;

FRONTS - Monitor Audio Bronze, Tannoy F1 , Kef iQ1

REARS - Acoustic Energy Aego T, Audica CSS1, Bower + Wilkins M1, KEF 2005/3005, Monitor Audio Radius R90

brianmcr

Sep 14, 2007
Visit site
I'm picking up Kef iQ5se fronts, iQ2c centre and a pair of KHT2005 as rears from Sevenoaks tomorrow, sounded good in the shop, will see how it sounds when fitted in my house, not sure when I'll ge this done as wife gave birth to twins last Thursday, god I ammm tiiirrrreeeddd ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

A

Anonymous

Can I revive this thread?

I already have the Kef 3005's and am thinking of upgrading to a 7.1 system by adding a pair of Kef IQ5's also providing better stereo for music.

Any forseeable problems with this set up? Would I need to change the subwoofer or centre as well?

Any advice from those who know would be much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

This is exactly what I am hoping to know. I also agree with the WHFS&V review of the 3005s from December 2006, that they lack that last bit of excitement. How would a pair of the new 3005se's sound as fronts with the four 3005s across the back. Or would this imbalance things too much? Is the above suggestion a better idea as I have seen the iq5's heavily discounted or maybe even the iq5se's?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts