Help with MA: BX5 vs RX6 maybe combined with Energy rears

arctic_rogue

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

New to this forum and desperately need some help.

I'm considering purchasing Monitor Audio speakers that I auditioned a couple of weeks back.

Some background info:

Room: 3.5m x 4.5m (12' x 15')

AVR: Denon 2112

Current Speakers: Energy e:xl 16 fronts, e:xl center, e:xl 15 rears, Paradigm PDR-10 sub

I do about 70% 5.1 video/movies and 30% stereo listenting

My budget is about $2500 Canadian.

I am considering one of the following:

Full bronze set up: BX5 Front, BX Center, BXFX, and BXW10 (~$2500)

or

Partial Bronze set up: BX5 Front, BX Center, BXFX and reuse my PDR-10 sub (~$1800)

or

Partial Silver set up: RX6 Fronts, RX center, Reuse my Energy e:xl 16 and Paradigm PDR-10 Sub. (~$2500)

I can't try this set up ahead of time because I don't live near a dealer. So I could really some input. I know the RX6 should be the better speaker, but I wonder how well it will "match" the reused energy rears.

Thanks!

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Personally I would go for the partial silver option - the RS6 AV12 full setup got WHF best traditional package award in 2011. I would then save up for the rest when you can.

I have the Bronze BX2 set up with a BK sub and whilst I love it - if my budget had stretched to the Silver range I would have gone for that.

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I would also go for the partial silver set up and upgrade rears later on if you feel the need to. I went from bronze 5.1 to silver 5.1 and its a good leap in SQ IMO.

TRENDING THREADS