Oyaide C-079 IEC Connector

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Managed to get one of these for a bargain price, would the best place to incorporate this into my hifi setup be going into my cd player?, seems like the most obvious place for it to go...

OC-079.jpg

http://www.shop.avsolutionsca.com/product.sc;jsessionid=8E738A97898BA4F2E48507E46220476A.qscstrfrnt02?productId=183&categoryId=9

A

Anonymous

yeah but you wouldn't put normal 3 core industrial cable on an oyaide, surely, sacrilege!

A

Anonymous

Dont worry i know much about cabling, got a few very special cables lining up to sit on the end of this beauty !!!..lol

A

Anonymous

As I have a bit of experience with cables myself surprise me on what is going on the end dude?

A

Anonymous

Well it may be the...

chord powercord lead..

Supra lorad 2.5..

Supra lorad 1.5..

SY 2.5 mains cable..

or a belden! lol

A

Anonymous

As a sparky you should know SY is not very good, cheapo steel armoured cable, CY is better as it uses tinned copper braiding! SY is about 30-50p per metre is it not?

A

Anonymous

I use s/y at work quiet a lot, have'nt had any problems with it, am aware of the c/y spec.

Its going to end up on one of the supra's at a guess.

A

Anonymous

Ill pick up a drum of c/y in the morning then, another cable to have a play with !

A

Anonymous

If this upgrade wasn't so much id be buying a 6 way off of you, losing a 6 way, replacing with a silver 6 way...

Fully Silver Plated Mains Block add
£20.00....

er thats a bit steep an upgrade...

A

Anonymous

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FULLY-SILVER-PLATED-6-GANG-AUDIOPHILE-MAINS-POWER-BLOCK_W0QQitemZ150420963190QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL?hash=item2305c9bf76

cable? mmm

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Would not fit that IEC connector to anything less than say a Chord Powerchord. Black rodium do some good cables - think its the super jazz or something.

A

Anonymous

Would not fit that IEC connector to anything less than say a Chord Powerchord...

thats what im thinking true blue, my cd players my most expensive kit, so this iec and the chord might be the best combo.

cheers

dave

A

Anonymous

There are quite a few decent off the reel cables M8. The CY is not good enough for an Oyaide though, cannot make suggestions I am afraid as it looks like I am touting for business and that's is not my intention.

Show me a silver plated mains block anywhere that is as good a price and I will have one straightaway...lol

idc

Reggaedave, please post pictures of any builds that you do.
emotion-21.gif

David, the fully silver plated mains block is just what I am looking for, but is there a smaller version as 6 way is too big? EDIT - I see now it is not.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Reggaedave, please post pictures of any builds that you do

will do...
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

just cheap flex pushed into the holes on the wall socket (no plug fxxx it !)

chad1.jpg

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
reggaedave:

Well it may be the...

chord powercord lead..

Supra lorad 2.5..

Supra lorad 1.5..

SY 2.5 mains cable..

or a belden! lol

You might consider Lapp cable to, they are also in the proffessional industry market, comparable to Belden, you can find them for about 4£ a meter from Ebay, mostly found on Ebay Germany. There are some nice complete Lapp cables with nice connectors like the one your showing for a price range of 30 to 70£. I have a few of those in 4mm and 2,5mm thick wire but decided for the rest of my gear to make the cable myself with Lapp, and with less fancy but decent connectors with rubber isolation from the local hardware store. I don't really believe there will be audible difference from a connector. As for cables, i heard my amp was sounding a bit more relaxed over a throw away cable but other then that i only heard an obvious difference with Wireworld cables so far. But i don't think the Wireworld cable can be used properly with the connector you have there, it's a flat cable.

A Belden cable comparison featuring also a Lapp...

http://www.hifiadvice.com/Belden-powercables-compared-review.html

A

Anonymous

Noticed a few connectors described as C-079 being sold on fleabay at the moment for under £10, is it one of these by any chance?

A

Anonymous

Also, I'm currently looking for some IEC connectors to put on the end of some lapp cy 2.5mm. Was hoping for something like a wattgate but don't really want to spend that kind of money. Surely these things all come out of a factory in china and must be available somewhere quite cheap...

A

Anonymous

Check out DH Labs. Mains cable from the US and can be bought off the reel. Big improvement but only compared with kettle lead.

Bear in mind that if you use fat cables, it will be fine on the IEC end but you may have problems with the plug end. I did, but modified the plug with a stanley to acommodate. You may also need to enlarge the pin holes (using a drill) in the plug to accommodate the thicker guage wire, like I did.

A

Anonymous

Yeah the ones on e-bay look like what ive got. You can get bargain versions of everything from china/japan.

Mine looks slightly different, but some are also looking bob on...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/C-079-High-End-Performance-IEC-Connector-plug-for-amp_W0QQitemZ370351555832QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL?hash=item563aac44f8

Ive seen them on the net for much more, surely a better connection than a run of the mill iec connection...

A

Anonymous

If you could pick one up delivered for a tenner or less i think you would enjoy the finish over a normal IEC.

A

Anonymous

When researching my DIY power cables, I read in some threrads that there are a lot of fake oyaide IEC's around. Cheap to make, expensive to buy. Just something to bear in mind.

But for a tenner? Got to be worth a punt!

TRENDING THREADS