Ortofon tour

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BillBadBlack

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Thanks! A great description of the session. I was lucky enough to attend the session in Doug Brady's in Warrington, and my experiences matched yours; I even bought the London Grammar LP (it's 2 x 45rpm discs, so that may somewhat explain its high quality). I came out very impressed to hear the gradual improvement of the sound, however, when I got home and started to play some of my LPs on my system, I was not disappointed in their quality (phew!). It just made me appreciate what was available. I'm not going to spend £3000 on a cartridge (worth more than my car) unless I win the lottery, but it was good to hear what's possible!

Thanks for the good write up.

Reactions: nopiano
BillBadBlack said:
Thanks! A great description of the session. I was lucky enough to attend the session in Doug Brady's in Warrington, and my experiences matched yours; I even bought the London Grammar LP (it's 2 x 45rpm discs, so that may somewhat explain its high quality). I came out very impressed to hear the gradual improvement of the sound, however, when I got home and started to play some of my LPs on my system, I was not disappointed in their quality (phew!). It just made me appreciate what was available. I'm not going to spend £3000 on a cartridge (worth more than my car) unless I win the lottery, but it was good to hear what's possible!

Thanks for the good write up.
I appreciate the feedback, thank you! Always good to know you recognised the same traits, as it’s helpful to know one’s hearing is reasonably well aligned with others!

Thanks also for pointing out the 45rpm speed. I recall a speed change applied at one point, but not when. Which LG album was it that you bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts