Ortofon 2M 78 Cartridge

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently have a Rega 78 turntable with the Rega 78 cartridge which is mono with two pins. I have a a jazz record collection which includes some 300 78rpm records and am considering upgrading the Rega cartridge to an Ortofon 2m 78 which I hope will give improved playback My 4 Rega 250 arm leads have combined to 2 to connect into the Rega cartridge and I am wondering if the Ortofon has a two pin mono output like the Rega or if I will need to convert the Rega arm leads back to 4. Is this a worthwhile upgrade? Any help will be much appreciated. Robquad7

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Best people to ask are Henley Designs unfortunately their page on the 2M78 doesn't show the back of the cartridge, they do post here but only from time to time, pop them an email, they're usually pretty good at replying, holiday season allowing.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
"2M 78 uses a strapped output to deliver the same output signal from both sets of pole pins. This effectively eliminates the need for mono-specific equipment, making it possible to enjoy true mono reproduction on any stereo playback system"

So it shouldnt matter whether you use two pins or four.

A

Anonymous

Thank you Andrew for your information. I am ordering the 2M 78 and will fix using the red/white lead to either the red or white pin and the green/blue lead to one of the G pins.

Best wishes.

Robin

TRENDING THREADS